1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The End of the World As We Know It

Discussion in 'General' started by dtalbott, Jul 26, 2002.

1. mad brad

mad brad Guest

i won't race at summit for a host of reasons. now, if you want to hit the road, you can stay here and finish the drive in the am. that is a one time offer.

2. RacerGirl117

RacerGirl117 Well-Known Member

What's vinyl? :D I used to have a bunch of records and 45's a long time ago. But stupid ass ex-husband broke them all. I bet that Foreigner 4 album would be worth something now. Or what about my "You Light Up My Life" 45? :D When I look back, I can't believe I used to listen to that sh**.

JAG is so fake, it's worse than watching WWF on HBO. Harm isn't even cute, that one chick doesn't do anything for me (unless I just don't look at her head), and the dude with the fat cheeks...what's up with that? And don't get me started on the English (or is it Australian) character. What a crappy job at imitating the accent. The show is like a bad car wreck...you can't help but stare.

3. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

The Australian character was a bastard but the accent is real. :)

BTW, there are alot people that would disagree with you on the cuteness of Harm and Mac. :p

I haven't seen a Navy movie/show yet that wasn't a bit on the fake side. With 9 years in the Navy I should have a good clue on that. :)

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

WWF kicks ass like nothing before. Wrastleing rules. :D

5. ZebProctor

ZebProctor Well-Known Member

Damn Brad, where the hell is all this kindness coming from, you been saving it up for a while or something?? Thanks for the offer, but me not going this weekend also has to do with a certain woman, a replacement for Zeb's Ex-PH.... I told myself I would never put a woman before a race but damn if it ain't happening....

6. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

7. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

Dude, you're setting a bad precident right here. If you do it now, she'll expect it later.

Back away from the woman, pick up your leathers, and come to your senses.

Otherwise, don't say you weren't warned when you end up married and she wants to sell your race stuff to buy a dining room set.

8. ZebProctor

i kinda owe her for screwing up our date last night whining about tracy....... don't worry, it'll be the last time (i hope)... and you speak like a man who has had his raicng things sold for a dining room set himself...:D

9. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

I had to sell a 1984 Honda Interceptor for living room furniture.

Conversation went like this:

"Honey, I want to buy some furniture."

"Oh, yeah, how much do you want to spend?"

"How much can you get for your bike?"

See Ya,

Darrin Talbott

10. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

You better hope.

And no, my racing stuff is still here.

11. ZebProctor

so what's better, a woman who likes racing and goes with you and helps, or a woman who wants nothing to do with racing but feels a guy should have "guy time" and let's you go racing anytime you want by yourself.???

12. Rich Around

Rich Around Well-Known Member

Who am I going to sue? My eyesight is getting worse from day to day and I got hair growing in my palms, and I can't stand the smell of aged Fromunda cheese :D

Last edited: Jul 26, 2002
  13. backbone

backbone scarred for life

MDC lived in Austin TX. and used to play in San Antonio occasionally.
    Anybody remeber the Dick or Big Boys.
    I've got an original Dicks/ Big Boys LP. I saw it go on Ebay several years ago for $200 +. I didn't catch the final price.
    I sold alot of my old puink stuff several years ago and now I REALLY regret it. I was thinkin that most of it was being re-released on CD, but that hasn't happened yet.
    Plus there is nothing like the hissing at the start of the record when your stereo is full on. Really gets your attention.

MDC - bwak bwak bwak bwak bwak bwak bwak

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Backbone,
    About 10 or 12 years ago someone broke in and stole a butt load of my vinyl (mostly common stuff, but some rare). After that I lost interest in collecting and decided that I could make some money and afford to eat in grad school (and I could race). So the collection went. :(
    I'm finding more and more of the more obscure stuff on repressed vinyl or on disk. There is hope for me yet. :D
    But Everything went black, My War, fresh fruit, and any Gang Green just doesn't cut it on anything but vinyl.
    *pop*crack*pop*crack* que the opening bass riff to "Holiday in Cambodia". nothing like that.:cool:

15. JoeTassone

JoeTassone The Dude abides...

Well, I still haven't moved entirely on to CDs. :D I've made tapes of most of my vinyl for vehicle use. It's the best of both worlds, still has the "qualties" of vinyl and I can listen to it in the truck.

Joe

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

JT. I just noticed your avatar. I've got kick ass 50 yard line club level seats for the Ravens/ Steelers game at Balt. in Oct.
    When you're watching the game, I'll be the one in Black in a sea of purple. :D
    Life is good.

17. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

This one's a no-brainer: the former. She likes racing and understands the extreme financial and physical burdens involved.

The latter will be OK with "guy time" for a while, but sooner or later she's gonna get pissy about the amount of "guy time" required for racing. When that happens, suddenly "guy time" is going to be a sore subject. Well, you know the rest. Either she comes around and realizes it's important to you, or it all goes bad. Because at that point, either you quit and resent her forever for it or your relationship ends because of it. And in all honesty, the latter is the better of the two, and that one sucks.

If she doesn't want to be a part of your racing, then she doesn't want to be a part of you. It's that simple. At least if you're like most any other racer I know.

Racing is like a crack habit, only worse. You don't get better. You don't quit. You just keep doing it. It's what brings joy to your life. It's the friends you meet at the track, who share the same crack habit you do. It's surrounding yourself with people who live life in the first-person, rather than sit on their ass and watch other people live. People who know what it's like to take a machine and intentionally attempt to ride it to the edge of the envelope. People who want to grab life by the balls and shake for all they are worth. People who look at those folks who say "that's too dangerous" with pity, because those poor slobs don't know what it's like to live.

Death will catch up with all of us. The difference is what you do with the life you've got until then.

18. JoeTassone

JoeTassone The Dude abides...

Sweeeet...I had tickets to the Steeler/Raven play off game last year. F'n nuts!!!

Off to Mid-Ohio:)

19. mad brad

mad brad Guest

my woman is the best crew chief ever. wouldn't have it any other way. my last girl couldn't have cared if i dropped a bike on my head unloading it. of course, she did know me a lot longer than my current. :confused:

20. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

That's it... the gloves are off. :D :p