1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The End of the World As We Know It

Discussion in 'General' started by dtalbott, Jul 26, 2002.

1. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

2. amaner

amaner will do math for food

fast food companies forced me to eat food i knew to be bad for me! :)

hey, let's file a class-action suit against the motorcycle industry since they forced us to take part in a sport which hurts us with great regularity. :)

it's a f-ed up world folks.
    :Puke:

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

It's not my fault I'm a fat lazy stench bag who's only form of exercise is Eating two supersized *Big Mac meals, two apple pies, and a small diet coke. It's McDonalds' fault for making their food so unhealthy. :mad:
    Worthless F'in people! Here's an idea Fattie. Don't go to McDonalds, KFC, or any other fast food joint, and get some exercise before you get so big that when you die, they have to take you out of your house with a forklift. :mad:

*Big Mac is a trademark of The Multiple Death cheeseburger corporation. Any resemblance of a Big Mac to an actual hamburger is purely coincidental.

4. amaner

MDC, wasn't that a hardcore punk band in the 80's? Changed the meaning of the acronym with each album? Now they have a new name!

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeap. :D MDC

6. PKS Racing Services

PKS Racing Services Timing and Crewing

I heard about this on the news this morning, and it reminded me of the signature someone has on one of the boards I visit.

"Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'Donnell Fat."

I've been trying to come up with one, but there isn't a word that describes my opinion of this moron.

7. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

Every Friday, my company buys doughnuts for all employees.

Every Friday, I eat one, and get a little fatter. Since I've worked here for 4.5 years and easily put on 4.5lbs since, I figure after I've worked here for 20 years, I will simply sue their asses into bankruptcy and then retire. :D

Last edited: Jul 26, 2002
  8. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

What a freak. What makes me even more sick is the lawyer who is representing him. The lawyer probably went around polling fat people asking if any of them wanted to file a lawsuit. :rolleyes:

Hey Pam, Provino's!!!!! :D

9. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

The funny part is that the individual is 5'10" and 250lbs. Hell, I'm 6' and 250lbs. Maybe I should jump on board and get some money. Do you think they would have sympathy for me. "I'm sorry but McDonalds made me sit in front of the TV and watch racing and Jag with a bag of Big Macs." :(

10. PKS Racing Services

PKS Racing Services Timing and Crewing

11. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

I'm gonna sue all the RR organzations then:D Getting us addicted to this dangerous sport;) True greed and irresponsibility:rolleyes:

12. ZebProctor

ZebProctor Well-Known Member

Jag kicks ass, wonder if I can sue jag for making me lazy and not earning overtime? :D :D

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

If you weren't 6' and 250 lbs, I'd come over to your house and stomp on you cheetos and lay waste to your Oreos for watching that show! :D You're the reason this piece of sh@t waste of TV time is still on! UFA! The season ender had lawyers in command of submarines, flying bombing missions, doing lurp recons, and making command decisions that would be reserved for the supreme commander. But I only read this, I would never watch that show. :D:p

14. WERA522

WERA522 Lost

Jeez

Jeez, I'm 5'6" and 185, but when you got a tool as good as mine, you have to build a shed over it. Fast food didnt make me stocky. Beer did. Should I sue them? Hell then, then what would I do on the weekends?

Lee
    Lowsider Extrodinaire

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people ask questions.

15. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

LMAO!! :D

I love that show.

My wife and I laugh every time Harm gets to fly an F-14 to save the day. :D The submarine stuff cracks me up too. Hell, if a Jag officer came on our missions and started any crap he would find himself duct-taped and lying the the bildges. :p Not to mention those TV Jag officers sure make rank awefully fast and the women are all babes(so much for reality). :D

They do get the uniforms right. :cool:

16. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

While I was laughing my way through this article I couldn't help but reminisce about the first time I heard some dumbass was suing a cigarette manufacturer. I knew the same lawyers would latch on to something else once they sucked that industry dry. Honestly, I thought it would be soda manufacturers since every argument they've used to vilify the cigarette industry can be made against soda manufacturers as well.

17. JoeTassone

JoeTassone The Dude abides...

Holy shit, that takes me back. I think I still have a 7" by them in the vinyl collection.

Joe

18. ZebProctor

ZebProctor Well-Known Member

and the classic one where he pushed a F-18 along by the tailhook with his canopy.... :D :D still good shit though

19. amaner

possibly. the best part for the lawyer is that these cases typically have a very high return to effort ratio. they write several angry letters, give a few sound bites to the media, and ca$h in when the companies roll over to keep their names out of the media. my only hope is that the fast food companies will follow the lead of wal-mart. wal-mart NEVER rolls over, and has a greater than 90% win rate.

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Joe, Sell it on Ebay, or list it in MMR. I made a small fortune off of a bunch of first pressing that I had collected. Vinyl freaks and some of the most obsessive nerds I've ever met.
    Example. I sold # 120 of 500 of Husker Du's 7 inch "Amusement" for $600. :eek:
    MDC first pressings in prime condition are rare, and people are/ were paying big time for them. Other things to look for are anything on Positive Force records, Naked raygun vinyl first pressings, Black Flag anything went black with the airbrushed cover (super rare) or first pressings.