1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Bourbon Thread...What's on the bar this week?

Discussion in 'General' started by Cuddles de Sade, Oct 3, 2016.

1. WANABE RACER

WANABE RACER Well-Known Member

I also have Jim beam
    Woodford
    Stagg
    Ha
    Jameson ( caskmates stout edition)
    Virgin
    Wild turkey barrel proof 112
    Hudson
    Gentleman jack
    Evan Williams ( my everyday)
    Buffalo trace
    Old Forrester
    Knob creek
    Kirklands
    Bulleit
    Russels
    And George dickel. I love bourbon

javyday likes this.
  2. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

[​IMG]

WANABE RACER likes this.
  3. WANABE RACER

I like that

4. crazymofo

crazymofo Then i was like...Braaap!

Makers mark 46 is on my bar atm.

5. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Been going through the Dissarano pretty regularly here lately.

6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Man Dave, you know so much about food, alcohol, etc. I wish I lived closer to you to have you mentor me. I will say, I'm sipping on some Redbreast 12 right now. I'm going over invoices and dispatch logs here at work. I will probably wait a day to look at payroll......tomorrow. LOLOLOLOL

7. Boman Forklift

Tyler's girlfriend taught me that fine establishments put one Sphere in your fine Scotch drink. I'm like sphere, yea I get sphere ice cubes from my dispenser in the refrigerator, they look like a moon. Then she said no, it is a big round piece of ice.

I was in Nashville with her, Tyler and some friends, and we went to a nice bar, and that is where I learned about this. She said I bet they give you a sphere......she was right.

He landed one with brains and beauty.....not bad for a knucklehead that likes racing motorbikes. HAHAHAHAHA

8. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

o_O Isnt that a liquoer? Excuse my spelling. Its the bourbon.

9. WANABE RACER

I thought putting ice in scotch was a big no no with the true scotch drinkers. I heard a splash of water is ok but no ice.

10. Boman Forklift

I'm not smart enough to know. Evidently this sphere thing is used in the high class establishments and is not taboo!!!!

When I bought the Redbrest 12, the bartender said no ice, so I said okay. He was right, that stuff is so smooth, you don't need ice. Now something like Jack, I need ice to water it down.

WANABE RACER likes this.
  11. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

That's true. Scotch snobs will go full retard at you for pouring on ice.

I drink it neat most of the time, but who gives a f#ck how someone else likes their booze? It's not like they're pouring Coke in it... :D

WANABE RACER likes this.
  12. Boman Forklift

The other thing I bought when I went to the Liquor Store was Single Barrel 1792, it is Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey. The guy there liked it better than RedBreast 12. I like it, but think it is sweeter and not quite as smooth as the RedBreast. However, it is good enough I can drink it straight, without ice, and I can't drink Jack straight.

13. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Yep, it's delicious but not much alcohol in it. Speaking of weird scotch drinkers, I had a guy that paid $25 for a Glenlivet 18 mixed with Disarrano over ice. It might taste ok but why waste good scotch?

WANABE RACER likes this.
  14. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

What's with Japanese whiskey? I'm curious.

15. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

Try Four Roses and Michters bourbon , rye, amd sour smash

16. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

whiskey of the year last year. yamazaki, hibiki... nikka is also mega dope.

17. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

MM, MM46, Buffalo Trace, or 1792.
    On the rocks.

18. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I'm not a bourbon fan, nor any liquor really. But I have been on the tastings and the experience and history are all really cool.

Last week I bought a bottle of Jim Beam Urban Stillhouse (You can only get it on 4th Street in Louisville) and had the bottle engraved to commemorate my boss's first grandchild.

19. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

When we took the Jameson tour they said 2 drops of water per drink to help pull the flavor out. I didn't notice any difference. To each there own. I only drink mine neat.

stk0308 likes this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The sphere thing is just silliness. Cube shape doesn't matter that much and some snobs prefer a splash of water. Granted they're just stealing the method from the single malt snobs :D