1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Bourbon Thread...What's on the bar this week?

Discussion in 'General' started by Cuddles de Sade, Oct 3, 2016.

1. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

That Woodford double oak is really tasty!

Cuddles de Sade likes this.
  2. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

If you have Noah's Mill near you, you should try it. It's my favorite within a reasonable budget.

3. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Makers Mark & Woodford.

mmmmmm.......Makers.......

4. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

Makers 46 and some breckenridge which is actually pretty good. I don't have the kind of cash for the pappy...

5. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I'm more of a scotch guy than bourbon, but I keep a bottle of Makers around for guests next to a stun gun.

Help yourself to the Makers. Pour coke in it, you get the stun gun. That's what Jack is for. :D

A friend bought me a bottle of Angels Envy a while ago. That was pretty good too.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Doesn't that meet the legal definition of entrapment?

JBraun likes this.
  7. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

Maker's ain't all that anyway...:p

8. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Funny, that's what we say Early Times is for around here. We have a good friend that always reaches for the Woodford...and then mixes it with Diet Coke. Pisses me off to no end.

When I'm not slumming it with my Old Fo (give it a try, it's excellent bourbon) I drink Evan Williams Single Barrel. Quite tasty $30 a bottle bourbon.

9. ton

ton Arf!

yup. same price as Bulleit here (around $27), and i think a great bargain. more character than Bulleit.

next step up for me (availability is a bit of bitch here) is often Eagle Rare. Then Basil Hayden.

Best i ever had was a Hirsch 16 year. Unobtanium now, but absolute magic.

10. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

ive been playing around with the lower end of the bourbon scale. I just tried some Jim Beam Devil's Cut. Not bad and . . . $21!!!!!!!!

Im still looking for the Old Forrester.

Someone mentioned Fighting Cock. It was too harsh for my bourbon taste.

Had some of the Angel's Envy. Very smooth but is it still considered bourbon. The port really smooths out the bourbon.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I love how y'all drunks talk about this stuff like you're scientists on the cutting edge of DNA research. :D

Boman Forklift likes this.
  12. speedluvn

Arent you that way about pastries, cheese and wines?

13. ton

ton Arf!

Glyphosate resistant Zea mays produces the best mash.

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Booze snobbery, making alcoholism a scholarly endeavor.

stk0308 and Cuddles de Sade like this.
  15. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I like rye best. Willett, Templeton, Whistle Pig, Angels Envy are all good ones. Old Pogue Five Fathers is excellent.

For Bourbon I like the Blantons, Angels Envy, Bulleit. There are some newer brands that seem good but I've only tried em a little. High West, Hudson, one from the south that I cant remember.

16. Cuddles de Sade

Larceny tonight. In a big heavy crystal highball with one cube.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  17. Cuddles de Sade

I'm about to start playing in the $18-30 price point. There's a lot there to enjoy.

18. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Never underestimate a Kentuckian and his bourbon. My mom had me fixing drinks for her parties before I reached puberty:D

And I just remembered this. True story...we used to take some of dad's bourbon and then pour water in the bottle to make it look like before. After a couple times he said, goddammit, just take the bourbon, quit f&/)ing cutting it with water!

R1Racer99 and pscook like this.
  19. speedluvn

Please post your recommendations.

20. WANABE RACER

WANABE RACER Well-Known Member

Can't believe no one has mentioned jeffersons!

ShadowBoxer and Cuddles de Sade like this.