1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Bourbon Thread...What's on the bar this week?

Discussion in 'General' started by Cuddles de Sade, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

Currently on the shelf in no particular order:

Bulleit
    Woodford Reserve Double-Oaked
    Larceny
    Knob Creek
    Maker's Mark

Haven't been into Bourbon that long, just got a Glencairn glass a couple weeks back. Loving the Bulleit...don't care about Pappy. I have wine to be a snob about :beer:

What's everyone drinking?

2. six6two

six6two AWD

Not bourbon, Jameson.

3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Ditto.

4. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

Bourbon has been my drink for a long time and this is by far my favorite: http://www.tcwhiskey.com/home

I was drinking some Bulliet over the weekend. It is nice that you can pick it up basically anywhere now. When I was first drinking Bulliet (mid-late 2000s) it was a lot harder to find regularly. You would also enjoy Four Roses if you enjoy Bulliet, which nows owns Bulliet unless I'm mistaken.

5. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Haven't been able to drink bourbon since I tried to drink all of it one night. :Puke:

Lawn Dart and Phl218 like this.
  6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Try again. Quitter. :Poke:

stk0308 and Phl218 like this.
  7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Ancient Ancient Age... graduation night 1974 hooking it with Mountain Dew. Haven't touched a drop since.

cav115 likes this.
  8. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

i'll throw some whiskey in there too...

Michter's 10, W.L. Weller 12, Old Rip Van Winkle, Whistle Pig, Bastille, Balvenie 21, Auchentoshan 12, Oban 18, Highland Park 18, Talisker 18, Talisker Storm, Isla of Jura, Cadenhead (any really)

9. dsmitty37

dsmitty37 Well-Known Member

I would like to try Lead Slinger Whiskey but I haven't found any up here in NY

10. Phl218

Phl218 .

Woodford and basil

11. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Just to let you know, real Kentuckians bypass all of the fancy labels out now and drink Old Forester. I swear they could make a label that said " Old Speckled Rabbit Turd", put it in a fancy bottle and sell it for $75 a fifth. And people would be on here raving that it's the best bourbon they ever had.

It's bad enough that we have to weed through 9000 choices of beer, now we have 900 different bourbons.

A bottle of Old Fo and a sixer of Stroh's is all you need:D

You're welcome

rocalotopus and Lawn Dart like this.
  12. Trev230EX

Trev230EX Put me in coach

Blantons. Have 8 bottles of it right now. Nothing really better for the price (if you can find it).

GM GIXXER, LD and Hollywood like this.
  13. Hollywood

Hollywood different breed

Same (but 4). Every bottle I've had so far is a little different in taste too. I actually add a small frozen ball of filtered water to my Blantons and the differences per glass are actually noticeable.

Buy when you see it, their distribution and supply process is a shit show. I will go for Basil Hayden's when out and about, as everyone out here charges $12-$15 for two fingers of Blantons. Robbery.

LD likes this.
  14. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I finished some Bulleit this weekend.

A few weeks ago at the bar, I tried some Redbreast 12 Irish Whiskey and really liked that, enough to buy a bottle. The bartender sold me on it. Don't remember the full story, but something about it being brewed in copper kettles, and store differently too, is what made it sooooo smooth.

15. Woodford was always my go to.

stk0308 likes this.
  16. LD

LD I do science

On my shelf right now:
    Bulleit - not a big fan, but it's on there
    Basil Hayden - Great stuff
    Blantons- my personal favorite, always have some of this on hand. This shit is delicious and I buy it whenever I can find it
    Tincup- half the price of Blantons, my second favorite bourbon (okay, not technically called bourbon, but it meets all the criteria to be called a bourbon, they just market it as plain whiskey)
    Rebel Yell- yes, I know. Mixes great with coke.
    Suntory Hibiki- Also not bourbon, but interesting enough to be included with the bourbons. I like it, not sure if it's worth the price

Other notable ones that I enjoy- Fighting Cock, Four Roses, and Eagle Rare

As I finish off some of the current bottles, I'm going to consolidate. Fighting cock for when I just want to drink bourbon (cheap, strong, relatively tasty). Tincup for when I want to drink more tasty bourbon. Blantons for whatever I deem a special occasion. Mainly, special occasions include: I took a great shit; I gave my wife a complement and want to reward myself; I finished a weekend at the track and didn't crash; I finished a weekend at the track and crashed; I went to the track and didn't even finish the weekend; anything else remotely related to motorcycle.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Makers Mark. I never drink the browns and clears but it's there.

18. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Single pot stilled. Like single malt in that all the product is made from a single mash run (not blended). Not called a single malt because it uses some unmalted wheat in the gristbill. I believe it is also triple distilled compared to the double usually used in Scotland for single malts.

It is very tasty.

19. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Skyy vodka.

Straight up.

Popcorn Sutton white whiskey.

20. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Koval single barrel bourbon (Bought just because I was going to a community bourbon tasting and wanted to be "that guy" who brings something odd)
    Rough Rider Straight bourbon (Bought on a recommendation. And because I hadn't seen it yet. Really pretty good)
    Old Whiskey River (Hey, ol' Willie endorses it. How bad could it be? It's not that bad.)
    Duke (again, just trying something odd. It needs more aging)

2 bottles Bernheim Kentucky Straight wheat whiskey (my first foray into wheated whiskey/bourbon) One 7 year. One original bottling, with no age statement on the front.

A nearly finished bottle of Yamazaki I caught at a can't pass it up price a while ago