1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ben. Again.

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Jun 22, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Sure they did. They said he didn't know WTF he was talking about. Beyond that, it doesn't matter if it's in the red or black as much as the commitment to long term. It surely isn't Ben' s place to publicly conjecture. He made an ass of himself.

418 likes this.
  2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Ben didn't say much more than half of the people on this forum have in just the past month.

3. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I’ve heard some absolutely CRAZY shit.... then there’s this..

4. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Well you did a fine job. :D

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Are you referring to what you were saying about Herrin's Moto 2 team? :D

The Great One likes this.
  6. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

You need to stop listening to soap operas and get the long term Robby Bobby dirt track school calendar figured out...:D

7. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I think you’re all taking this too personally. Ben has proven talent, and a history of being highly in demand in the sport.

He’s looking at it as a business decision. Many of you seem to be looking at this as if he thinks he’s “above” motoAmerica or whatnot.

The guy stated what he’d like provided to come out of retirement and have some fun. If he needed the money, i gather that his attitude would be different, but it seems like racing needs him more than he needs racing.

As for comment on MotoAmerica’s funding, he probably should have kept his mouth shut - but that doesn’t mean that he didn’t hear the things he relayed.

8. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

But we're talkin GP's bruh!

9. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Touché, except I saw/heard that with my own eyes.

However to claim a manufacturer would intentionally hurt a rider by faulty equipment Is a big difference than a first time team who refused to change/modify a windscreen

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

RB, how goes the dirty track gig? You running Husqvarnas? I lost track of your doings there.

11. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

You betcha

12. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

B1482FC5-3A72-47E8-B50A-7A0BD3E4C98C.jpeg

Yes he is...:D

13. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

OK. I'll pay Ben $20 to go ride my F2.5 around Nelsons at the next endurance round. I'll even buy a pretzel for his lunch.

rk97 likes this.
  14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Yes, but no one pays us any mind.

turbulence likes this.
  15. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

True. The difference is we don't expect factory teams and National Org's to kiss our ass and beg us to come ride. He has a shitty attitude for someone even "considering" a return to racing. The day he becomes a team owner he can say whatever he wants. Until then he should keep his mouth closed about potential employers. He was "The Ben". Now he's a "Has Been" until he proves otnerwise on his own.

16. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Clean your shop!

cartmen34, brex and R Acree like this.
  17. G 97

G 97 Garth

18. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Ben either needs to shit or get off the pot. If he wants to come back racing then he needs to spend 20-30k on a good setup bike and get his ass back in the saddle. But he won't do that... That's below him. He's too good for that. If he really has a passion for road racing he would go do that. If he does, the fans and the media will be all over it like white on rice.

418, brex, 5axis and 4 others like this.
  19. I know all about that.

But how much riding had Schwantz done before that?

Had Schwantz been recovering from career ending shoulder injuries and multiple surgeries?

I’m not saying Ben can’t/couldn’t do it. I am saying as a team manager, I wouldn’t let him use my Suzuka race effort as a test.

If he wanted to prove himself somehow before hand, then sure.

younglion likes this.
  20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Oh I'm 100% certain that beeb denizens have far far higher expectations than Ben. :D