1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

That wanker Casey Stoner has been mouthing off again

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Oct 22, 2020.

1. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

:stupid:

Pretty sure Stoner vs Rossi was 2 to 1 titles when they went head to head. Stoner on two different bikes and one of those bikes made Rossi permanently depressed when he tried riding it for those two seasons we don't talk about.

Bugslayer and Robby-Bobby like this.
  2. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

He retired, something Rossi should have done years ago. Considering Rossi can’t beat his teammate or the satellite riders, I don’t think stoner would have an issue handing him his ass.

3. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Maybe Stoner vs Rossi was 2 to 2 in head to head titles?

4. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

I believe it was that his ambition outweighed his talent.

CR750 likes this.
  5. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Why, in your opinion, should Rossi retire? He should stop making millions of dollars doing something that makes him happy? Makes sense.

Should every rider who isn't consistently winning quit? That would make for some small grids.

TurboBlew, cav115, HPPT and 9 others like this.
  6. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

So the fastest rider to ever straddle a MotoGp bike isnt allowed to talk a little shit?

Weird...

7. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I'm not a Rossi fanboy by any stretch and I know Stoner was/is one of the GOATs.

However, I thinking handing him his ass might be a bit of a stretch.

8. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Did Rossi eff his wife or something? It feels like Rossi lives, rent-free, in Stoner's head. After all this time, Stoner just can't help himself. I'm not saying he doesn't have the right to talk shit, he does, but why?

9. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Marc is just too humble for that kind of thing...

10. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

They both were at/are at a level above anyone talking shit about either of them.

SpeedyE likes this.
  11. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

i like Stoner and i like his racing, but let's be real for a second... he got taken out by something that toddlers drink out of a sippy cup. i don't have a single negative feeling towards him or his riding if i were to every be asked, "hey what about Stoner?", but when milk hurts your feelings, i feel like, at least you shouldn't ever really be talking shit. you're not tough, you weren't tough even on your best day, just be the polite little dork you look like. trash talk from a 120lb. man-boy is unbecoming. it doesn't suit him. its either equal to or maybe even a little worse than like when Tour de France spandex avenger dudes get in sissy slapping fights and shit.

12. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Stoner level whining. And, good thing he didn’t listen to you. Guy has made bank staying in it. You jealous he’s taking your seat or something?

13. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

I couldn't care less about who's who in grand prix racing, but this is the dumbest shit I've read on here in some time.

Bloodhound, TurboBlew, cav115 and 8 others like this.
  14. ScottieDucati

ScottieDucati Hopeless Never-was.

The bike Rossi rode was far worse than what Stoner rode. The bike got worse every year after he won a million races. The following year he won 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pscook likes this.
  15. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

That's an extremely high bar. By some time, I hope you mean today.

16. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Stoner 2006-2012 -- 2 titles.
    Rossi 2006-2012 -- 2 titles.
    Rossi did knock the little guy down in Jerez once...

17. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Plenty of riders weren't offered renewals. That is basically being fired from the series.

18. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

Like him or hate him, you have to respect the amount of fans and riders Rossi brings to the sport. The guy contributes to the sport in a major way and helps keep it alive,
    I just don't understand the hate for Rossi sometimes.

19. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I agree with your TdF analogy, they are not very scary men. Except the level of pain they endure doing that sport makes them some of the baddest mofos on earth.

cav115 and ducnut like this.
  20. Somebody like Papa will have to correct me if I am wrong, because some of Stoner’s career happened before motorcycles existed.

But in addition to being a better bike when Stoner rode it, I also believe back then he was able to have tires specifically built for him and the bike.

Of course it wasn’t just him, they all could. But it helps when you can have a tire specifically built to the needs of the bike (and yourself).

pscook likes this.