1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tesla Truck reveal happening now.

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Nov 21, 2019.

1. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Elon: “I’m pretty busy running the car company and solar company I founded, but a took a little time off from my space rocket company and designed a truck.”

Beeb: “Haha the glass broke and the truck is ugly. What a loser!”

2. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

What is wrong in my post? None of those indicate what the range would be when towing. 500 miles is fine, but still less than many HD diesel trucks on the highway. How much will it drop off when towing a 30' toy hauler? I am guessing more than a comparable diesel. Also given the quantity of batteries required, if you are plugging that thing into anything less than a Telsa supercharger, be prepared for a very long wait for a full charge.

3. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

Price. $80k for top of the line and this vehicle will have the new Maxwell batteries. You may want to go research that tech. No one that buys Teslas uses anything but the Super chargers. Lets wait and see what the towing numbers look like. I'm sure they have already tested that and given their Semi testing, they know already if they are crushing diesel and gas powered trucks.

Attached Files:

4. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

You just described Jeep and Harley owners.

5. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Gotta admit, the ramp on the back to load a bike/quad is pretty slick.

Gino230 likes this.
  6. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Assuming they are going after the average suburban truck driver and not the "working" truck demographic they might sell some but damn is that thing fugly! Definitely for the I wanna be seen crowd. Love the tech but they need to fire the designer.

7. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Going after the Honda Ridgeline buyers....

8. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Nailed it!

Plus you forgot to mention he obviously designed the truck while high on MJ and peyote. Or maybe Adderall.

9. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Until they realize the latte sipping, skinny jean wearing demographic has no idea what those are...

Unless they launch an e-bike or quad that appears to be designed by Homer Simpson...then maybe bike sales will pick up.

boxcrash likes this.
  10. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Windshield glare.

11. wac

wac Well-Known Member

Rivian got it right, Tesla wasted opportunity.

12. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

"Fully refundable. You will be able to complete your configuration as production nears in late 2021. Tri Motor AWD production is expected to begin in late 2022."

Not coming out for a while. Lots could change by them (hpefully it does). Honestly. Listed at $40k for the base level is within reach. I'm just thinking about how much gas our work truck (1500) goes through. Think it's a tank every 2-3 days. Could be $4k-$5k / year for gas. Don't know the electrical cost, but if they make one that looks like a normal truck, might actually be considered, especially with how expensive and less useful trucks are getting. There's that other electric truck company that took over the Honda or GM production plant in Ohio IIRC. Maybe there's will be a more honest truck.

I will expect them to come with a special hitch or tow points for pulling the coal rollers out from blocking the charging stations.

13. Phl218

Phl218 .

i'd hit it for the inner values

14. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

They can ride a skateboard up and down it, for all I care. Just as long as it get the wheels turning at Ford, GM, etc. to start working on something like that for bike folks.

BTW, I think it was GM (or Ford) who had a concept ramp that could slide out from under the truck bed. It wasn't as comprehensive as this, but it had some merit at least for small stuff (not full size motorcycles).

15. 1kk8

1kk8 Well-Known Member

Surely this must be a joke

...and I don't see how this design would ever pass Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards

16. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

What are the motors dueling against? It would probably get better results if they worked together.

ChemGuy and diggy like this.
  17. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

18. Blammo

Blammo Well-Known Member

Bring it to Baja!

19. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

No mention of the ATV? That actually looked like it had potential.

20. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

My brother sent this to me this morning. [​IMG]

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

boxcrash and badmoon692008 like this.