1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tesla Truck reveal happening now.

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Nov 21, 2019.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I don't see how this charliefox wasn't fully planned, and likely ongoing. There's the whole abortion of appearance, coupled with the overt failure of a pointless feature claim. (exactly how often do your windows get shot out where you live?) I'm convinced that the guy who shot his Roadster into space has done exactly what he intended to do. He's a very smart forward thinker and brilliant showman... its how he has become a billionaire.

As evidenced by this thread is going to be 6 pages with this post.

I think it'll sell purely from the "look at me!" factor.

2. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

According to his Twitter page they’ve received 146k reservations already.

3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

My wife won't stop bugging me for a black one in 4WD. She says her alien brothers have brought this truck to earth for her.

Phl218 likes this.
  4. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Almost fifteen million in reservation fees alone to pay for some more RDT&E over the next year, plus interest on what’s in the bank. Yeah, a drop in the bucket for a company like that, but it’s still their money with which to play until delivery time comes. And then all the free advertising to go with it.

5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Fixed

6. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

What?

7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

yeah, that’s what I said too.

8. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Ok. Just wanted clarification.

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

This is going to be the SUV version

[​IMG]

10. duggram

duggram Sunrise Bahia de LA

11. wac

wac Well-Known Member

I started to like it. Mad thinking and industrial design, not pretty.

12. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

It’s only $100 to reserve one. I’m surprised nobody here has done it just so they can post up a screen grab of their order :)

13. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

Looks like it will come in Matte Black as well.

Attached Files:

• elon.png
      elon.png
      File size:
      189.4 KB
      Views:
    Phl218 likes this.
  14. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

I’m putting MAGA and coexist stickers on mine right after I let someone shoot it with 115gr FMJ .9mm from a close enough range not to hit the glass.

15. ljuice26

Looks better in black

Attached Files:

16. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Can't polish a turd, but you can make it look more douchetastic.

blkduc likes this.
  17. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Playin it fast and loose with “better”, I see. That thing looks like a giant bag of dicks any way you slice it. They couldn’t pay me to own/drive/be seen in one. :Puke::Puke:

KneeDragger_c69 and crashman like this.
  18. ljuice26

Good thing it’s my money and not yours. Besides, who cares what others thinks when spending their money. I don’t

19. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Your definition of 'better' is much different than mine...

KneeDragger_c69, brex and crashman like this.
  20. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I'm not sold on the Electric Vehicle concept and not seduced by all the tech. This thing is absolutely useless. It's not even close to being a real utility vehicle like real pickup trucks are now.
    It makes the Chevy Avalanche look like a useful pickup truck concept.

EV's lose range and efficiency suffers in cold weather. As for the EV trucks coming out that people think are going to replace the diesels hauling cargo across the country, how well are they going to work in places like Montana, North Dakota, Michigan, Minnesota and Wisconsin in Oct-March?

I am, however, a fan of hybrids. I own one and have been very happy with it. It's been a WAY better value for me than any EV...especially a Tesla.
    I know a couple Model 3 owners...they love them. But they paid over 50K for their cars. I paid 30K for my hybrid band new in 2013. I have 160,000 miles on it now.
    I did some math, and at my current gas mileage (44ish average over the 160K miles) I'd have to have my car for 13 years to get the over 300,000 miles on my car to
    have it cost me 50K in ownership costs.

Not to mention the EV registration ripoff that's coming to a Dept. of Motor Vehicles near you, if it's not already there. EV's don't pay for fuel, so they don't contribute to
    your road tax funding. Governments are catching on to that and EV owners are gonna be pissed when it costs over $1000/year to renew their tags.