1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Team Hammer

Discussion in 'General' started by SpeedWerks Racing, Sep 28, 2021.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

@cyclocrossfool do you still have more of the photos from that race? I think it was one of maybe three or four races (if I remember the year and race right) that I ran my Sparkomatic leathers and I think they were Bates or D's. red, white and black (I think)? Squirrely looking little kid who might have weighed 90 lbs. Anyways, if you have anything with that I'd pay for it. :)

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  2. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

ill check this week. i think the fj1100 in the endurance race had #4. i also dont remember or have pics of any fz’s . they came out in 85? and if they did im sure there would have been at least one at that weekend, one of the reasons i think the pics are from 83-84. fj’s no fz’s. my apologies to speed works racing for derailing your thread, sorta

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The Big FJ wasn't me in sprints. Too small at the time to try and ride that massive pig full on (learned the hard way).

4. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

FZ600 came out in 86. FZ750 came out in 85.

5. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I wanted that bike so bad. I wanted to put it back together for the street, but my guy couldn't pick it up for a couple of days. Not that I'm bitter about it.

6. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

My first roadrace was in '85 at the Austin Aquafest then my first race with CRRC was at TWS on an FZ750. I wonder if we were on track at the same time. I remember the bumps on the banking were so bad that I was seeing two of the same bike in front of me and my bike was weaving in those big longitudinal cracks. That first lap I thought I was going to die. Then I realized that I didn't die so I got used to it pretty quickly. Good times! :D

Gino230 likes this.
  7. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

ha ha ha. 1984 i think
    [​IMG]

8. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

That's what this place is for! Besides,,most of us are old..

Triple X likes this.
  9. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

And were obsolete in 87. Damn a Hurricane.

malamute likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah it's looking like they ran the lights all the time on the Moriwaki. Been so long since I've seen pics or thought about it I totally forgot and it was before my time at the track so sadly I never got to see it in peron.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No, I'm Sean Clarke. :crackup:

What about Keith?

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

It's weird. My memory of it was that it was a sano, immaculate piece of equipment. The photos show it was, well, a well used but still cool as fack.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Even then it would have been sano at the beginning of the race :crackup:

14. Michael96

Michael96 New Member

I know where a nice Valvoline F-USA bike is.........

Triple X, Once a Wanker.. and ToofPic like this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You kept one? Yep, jealous.

16. GM GIXXER

GM GIXXER Well-Known Member

I bet you do! :bow:

17. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

[email protected] if you wanna cut it loose.. we have some clients interested for collection purpose.
    BTW, Enjoyed watching you and Kurt (We never fall the hell off) ride em back in the day,,,
    [​IMG]
    @ETechphotos

18. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

....under the bridge, leaned over carrying the front wheel with a foot of air under it. Damn!

SpeedWerks Racing likes this.
  19. GM GIXXER

GM GIXXER Well-Known Member

Methanol monster days! You guys were animals! Awesome bikes and riders! I'm going to look thru my old pictures tonight to see what I can find. That and the old RRW's.

20. Michael96

Michael96 New Member

I would let it go to the right person. I planned on hanging it my house or shop but have never got it done. Message me