1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Team Hammer

Discussion in 'General' started by SpeedWerks Racing, Sep 28, 2021.

1. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

Keith Perry?

2. ronin1052

ronin1052 Well-Known Member

In those pics of the Moriwaki, I'm pretty certain that is a GS1150 mill.

Large chrome socket head bolts holding the valve cover down.

GS1100 had a gazillion std. hex head bolts around the perimeter of the cover.

Memories from the very beginnings of my riding career...

Once a Wanker.. and CR750 like this.
  3. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

4. cyclocrossfool

5. cyclocrossfool

6. cyclocrossfool

7. cyclocrossfool

8. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Yep .. raced against that bike in 85 /86 at both Grattan and Blackhawk Farms

Once a Wanker.. and SpeedyE like this.
  9. cyclocrossfool

and the best for last. a few years ago i was contacted by JU himself about this photo. we both knew when and where it was taken. what i didnt know was that the conversation they was having was about KS future ride with Suzuki. i sent him the original 35mm print. seems like i was the only one? to document that meeting with a photo . and the rest is history.......................[​IMG]

sanee, rcarson15, Triple X and 17 others like this.
  10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That was your photo? Every Schwantz fan with a working brain KNOWS that photo! :up:

Once a Wanker.., GM GIXXER and 418 like this.
  11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Was this at Willow Springs after Schwantz rode the FJ600?

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Road John's Moriwaki endurance bike on day one and then had his Yosh try out on their superbike the next day.

Awesome story and KS and John have spoken about it many times in interviews and quite a few videos.

13. cyclocrossfool

yep. JU will back me up. i thought he was going to have it published in a book. but never knew the end result

Once a Wanker.., ToofPic and 418 like this.
  14. cyclocrossfool

the team hammer/KS picks where taken at TWS

Once a Wanker.. and motion like this.
  15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Oh, I had no doubt, just stoked to know you took it.

Was it in the Schwantz book as well? I thought it was at Willow but you took it. :D :up:

Was that the TWS race where it rained and KS was on the FJ600 or was that the year before?

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  16. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

About 6 years ago I gave JU my dad’s GS1150 in pieces after he passed away- he said he was going to resto it and do something with AHRMA. Wonder what became of it.

17. cyclocrossfool

me and a pentax k-1000
    ive never been to willow. in the background of the pics it is texas.it was the year it rained. i do think ks was on a fz. i remember sprints on sat and the endurance race sunday, i dont remember the exact year, i lived in texas from 82-85, had to be either 83 or 84. i even have pics of KS at the “aqua fest” in austin on a rz. he raced #43. i think 34 was taken by someone else.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
  18. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

JFC, this might be the best WERA thread ever.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'll try and remember, I think I only went to TWS in '85 and we only got maybe 10 lap on the FJ1100 we had before it ingested so much water (velocity stacks and rain don't mix) and quit. I think it blew up the next race it was run (but being an FJ that was a 30 minute fix).
    I road a GS750 superbike, an FJ1100, an FZ and maybe an RZ and an RS that year I think. '84 was dirty track and an RS I think.

Man, brain stress trying to remember this shit. :D Thanks! :up:

Once a Wanker.., sdg and SpeedyE like this.
  20. cyclocrossfool

what month was the 85 race. i was stationed at ft. sam houston and finished my enlistment in march that year. what # did you race? i have some of the sprints on sat. i do remember a fj1100. i think i have a pic. after a delay/stop in the endurance race i remember everybody re griding in a single file line in the hot pit. what a mess