1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suzuji RGV-250 (Lucky Strike) Pics and Question

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by rytrcng, Jan 6, 2009.

1. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

Give James a call,He has all the bits in stk, 011441508481713
    http://www.bdkraceeng.com/RGV500 Conversions.html

2. RGV 500

RGV 500 OLD, but still FAST

Thanks, they have my address already.

I ordered a few things from them for the 500.

James is a good guy.

Eventually, I'd like to try the RGV cylinder setup on the 500 cases and see how nasty that can be made.

3. Mook

Mook Well-Known Member

finally someone with the power to say- SHUT THE F@CK UP.
    are you sick? bored? lonely?

I suppose it's time for me to simply not post anything anymore, for fear of mentioning something someone doesn't find acceptable, despite current offerings by others much worse. It's not a matter of ego, or pride, but simple common sense. If the ground rules are that arbitrary and capricious, and without any kind of merit save subjective opinion, then it's clearly time for me to say goodbye. It's been fun.

here's a link you might want to take this apparent topic of interest to-

[email protected]

Regards and Best wishes to All,
    uh-huh.

4. Mook

Mook Well-Known Member

[/QUOTE]

too bad the domestic japanese market lost interest in the 250/400's

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm hungry and never tried haggis, wonder if they have it in Vegas somewhere?

6. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

There is a restaurant just off the strip that specializes in haggis. It's called LAS VAGGIS. They also have a mustang ranch that specializes in sheep.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hmmmm, anything in North Vegas? Not sure I want to drive all the way into town.

8. Mook

Mook Well-Known Member

* 1 sheep's lung (illegal in the U.S.; may be omitted if not available)
    * 1 sheep's stomach
    * 1 sheep heart
    * 1 sheep liver
    * 1/2 lb fresh suet (kidney leaf fat is preferred)
    * 3/4 cup oatmeal (the ground type, NOT the Quaker Oats type!)
    * 3 onions, finely chopped
    * 1 teaspoon salt
    * 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
    * 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
    * 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
    * 3/4 cup stock

Wash lungs and stomach well, rub with salt and rinse. Remove membranes and excess fat. Soak in cold salted water for several hours. Turn stomach inside out for stuffing.

Cover heart and liver with cold water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Chop heart and coarsely grate liver. Toast oatmeal in a skillet on top of the stove, stirring frequently, until golden. Combine all ingredients and mix well. Loosely pack mixture into stomach, about two-thirds full. Remember, oatmeal expands in cooking.

Press any air out of stomach and truss securely. Put into boiling water to cover. Simmer for 3 hours, uncovered, adding more water as needed to maintain water level. Prick stomach several times with a sharp needle when it begins to swell; this keeps the bag from bursting. Place on a hot platter, removing trussing strings. Serve with a spoon. Ceremoniously served with "neeps, tatties and nips" -- mashed turnips, mashed potatoes, nips of whiskey.

9. Mook

Mook Well-Known Member

some Cajun racers brought some boudin to the track one weekend.cooked /shared it with some of us. man was it tasty.

10. thomasnur

thomasnur Active Member

:Puke::Puke::Puke:

luckely I never had to eat that

Give me then some good Indonesian food:wow:

11. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Boudin. French word for Blood Pudding.

That stuff is discusting, even before I knew what it was.

12. Mook

Mook Well-Known Member

no no no- this is a spicy meat and rice stuffed sort of "Sausage" thing.

Boudin blanc: A white sausage made of pork without the blood. Pork liver and heart meat are typically included. In some Cajun versions, the sausage is made from a milk or pork rice dressing, much like dirty rice, only more moist, stuffed into pork casings. Rice is more frequently used in Cajun cuisine, whereas the French/Belgian version typically uses milk, and is therefore generally more delicate than the Cajun variety. In French/Belgian cuisine, the sausage is sauteed or grilled. The Louisiana version is normally simmered or braised, although coating with oil and slow grilling for tailgating is becoming a popular option in New Orleans and Baton Rouge.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Boudin is good stuff.

14. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Oh. Then I am more familiar with this following atrocity...
    I tried Boudin Blanc (probably more of the european variety than cajun) and did not care for it. If my travels take me in that neck of the woods, I may try it. I just may...

15. thomasnur

thomasnur Active Member

You should all open a cooking forum instead off talking about vj23's there most off you don't now a thing about the best RGV250 EVER BUILD:up:

16. RGV 500

I wouldn't mind having a VJ-23 to put my 500 motor in, but the Drysdale kit was made for the -22, so that's the way that I went.

No doubt that the 23s are the more trick and cool, but I think that the 22 will be cool with the 500 in it. At least cool enough for me.

If I had way too much $$$, I'd have Spondon making me the bits, but that is a bit spendy at the moment with the exchange rate so unfavorable to this side of the pond.

17. mcracr

mcracr 2smoke racing 4 life!

Matt - dollar has made good ground lately, down to approx $1.43 per sterling. Better than when we did the Dent Nova deal (approx $1.80 per pound). Spondon's sounding better these days...

must get mine running this year! LOL!

Scott

18. mcracr

mcracr 2smoke racing 4 life!

update - according to www.xe.com currency converter:
    1 GBP = 1.40 USD

woohoo! have to go visit my brother in London and make a stop at Dent's new shop to check out the RG bits...

Scott

19. RGV 500

Yep, I'd really like to have the Nova trans and dry clutch too, but at about $2000 each, it is a bit unlikely at the moment.

I actually talked to Clive Padgett a while back and he thought he might be able to 'put together one more set' of RGB trans gears and the dry clutch setup, but it was in the $4500 range and I just didn't have it at the time.

I wonder if that stuff is still around at Padgetts....????

I've tried to contact Mark Dent a few times about having him make me a set of stainless pipes with carbon cans for the RGV500, but it is impossible to get in touch with him unless he already knows you and/or has done business with you.

I don't hold it against him, everyone is busy, but it sure would be nice to get the pipes I want most rather than a similar set of Lomas pipes.

Hey Mark.....I'm trying to spend money at your business......take my phone call and/or email, it will be worth your time. Thanks.

20. thomasnur

thomasnur Active Member

BDK in UK has done this job :up: