1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sucks if you live in Cali.. RIP Internal Combustion

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by rcarson15, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I really wonder just how much apathy has to do with the direction that California's political system is heading. I have this suspicion that the average citizen/voter feels somewhat overwhelmed by the influx of Hispanics, plus the powerful influence of the Hollywood crowd, and it keeps many of them from even worrying about going to the voter's booth. The liberal tide is just too strong.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Heading? It's been there forever :crackup:

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Meh...I like his attitude, and seriously hope he can pull this one out of the fire.

6. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Dang, 0-60 in 1.9 seconds on the new roadster they want to bring out in 2020.

9. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

The semi idea is pretty cool too, if it actually delivers on all the promises and in 2019. The 30 minutes to charge a Semi for 400 miles will be some interesting technology, not to mention interesting on the power grid side of things.

10. In Your Corner

Wonder who is going to foot the bill to upgrade the grid.

11. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I read solar based chargers, so that maybe the way around worrying about updating the grid.

12. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I got to laugh....Just how many square miles of solar chargers are we talking about here? Are trucks only going to charging/running during daylight? I kinda like that idea. If you've ever run Rt 80 or 81 at night you would too.

13. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Wonder how many panels fit on top of the trailer?

14. Motofun352

Probably enough to power the cell phone....needed to call for help when you run outta juice.:crackup:

V5 Racer likes this.
  15. Newsshooter

Hmmm, my calcs show you could put 15 commercial panels on a 53 foot trailer, might do more than charge a phone. :D

16. Motofun352

Hmmm, you know I was kidding, right? An electric semi is going to need about 400 KW...maybe half that in flat Kansas. How many KW can 15 panels put out? A couple?

17. Newsshooter

Quick google says about 5Kw.

18. In Your Corner

Both wind and solar require large amounts of room for any large power application.
    Not to mention favorable weather.

19. brex

brex Well-Known Member

It's OK, the federal gubmint owns the vast majority of the west.
    We should litter the landscapes of Zion, Arches, the Grand Canyon and other areas ruined by the national park system with solar arrays. Put that land to good use for all of society.

20. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

What? Lol... we are the average voter. Latinos are the majority now. And so what?