1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sucks if you live in Cali.. RIP Internal Combustion

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by rcarson15, Sep 28, 2017.

1. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Never happen.

GixxerBlade, kangasj and JustaNobody like this.
  3. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

4. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Well, we've got politics, and we have a rock video. Will someone post a nudie for the trifecta???

bacolmm, track wagon, BigBird and 8 others like this.
  5. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

[​IMG]

bacolmm and R Acree like this.
  6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Paradise my a$$.

7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Jesus loves you.

The rest of us think you're an asshole. :D

Joe Lopez likes this.
  8. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Precisely what they said about a bunch of other crap out there.

VFR#52 likes this.
  9. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

I would say nothing is impossible in that state they are a bunch of loons for sure.

10. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

What was that thread title from earlier, this warms my ❤?

JustaNobody likes this.
  11. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

build a fence on the Nevada, Arizona, and Oregon borders...lol.
    Contain the lunacy

JustaNobody likes this.
  12. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Ive considered dating Taylor Swift for years now. The odds of that happening far outweighs the odds of california banning combustion engines anytime soon.

Crescentwrench and 418 like this.
  13. ducrcr

ducrcr reasonably fast old guy

It'll be a long time coming, but it'll eventually happen. And some time thereafter it'll migrate to the rest of the country like all the other crap they come up with out there. :Puke:

14. Hotfoot

Hotfoot Well-Known Member

The AQMD changed the NOx requirements for furnaces in large areas of California (AQMD controlled areas). No furnaces currently meet the new standard so they are fining anyone who buys a furnace $150 to $220 as a "non-compliance fee". AQMDs plan is to RAISE THAT FEE to $500. The manufacturers and distributors are fighting this, totally unfair to homeowners, but apparently the AQMD can do whatever they want. So I believe that they can go after anything that burns fuel... home heating is more of a necessity than a luxury so if they can go after THAT, I can't imagine what could be off limits.

VFR#52 and 5axis like this.
  15. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Pretty soon they will put a limit on peoples respiration rates.

VFR#52 likes this.
  16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Start in the state assembly. ;)

Ducti89 likes this.
  17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

18. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Much ado about nothing. Sensationalist article based on a stupid comment made by a stupid politician.

Turns out the auto industry has a bit of pull and would never let something like this happen.

But by all means, stay in Illinois. The weather here isn't perfect or anything...

MachineR1 likes this.
  19. Shit like this makes me want to choke the shit out of people and be like "where in the fuck do you get off coming with bullshit like this?"

It is easy for people to sit around and dream up of rules/regulations for other people.

Isn't it about time for CA to break off into the ocean?

ToofPic likes this.
  20. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

I hate to say it, but California is hardly an outlier in this. France, India, Netherlands, Germany, Norway, China and England are all considering and currently working toward the same thing, and IC-free zones are already being tested in London. It's happening, it's just a matter of when.
    Last year I had a co-worker muse to me that within our lifetimes we (oilfield workers) will be viewed like buffalo hunters were.
    Adapt or die, right?

VFR#52 and SirCrashAlot like this.