1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sucks if you live in Cali.. RIP Internal Combustion

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by rcarson15, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

This. It cracks me up that so many people have no idea that a significant portion of the research in to alternative energy is either done by or funded by "oil" companies. The downturn in the oil market has slowed investment quite considerably though. Once the technology becomes viable we will see a larger investment by energy companies. As it stands right now we are seeing a niche market that has gained the traction it has because of the feel good effect.

3. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Is it feel good or government mandates?

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Both.

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

But but but Solyndra, fisker and libs will save us all. All hail the great Obama. Oil is evil.

VFR#52 likes this.
  6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Well at least you didn't pay for a position of influence in the Clinton Whitehouse.

7. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

Video of the semi testing is popping up towing a shipping container. Pretty damn fast even if the container is empty.

8. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Nice.

Steven Isenhower #52

Attached Files:

crashman likes this.
  9. G 97

G 97 Garth

10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

No.
    Electric cars are magical.

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

They run on unicorn farts.

12. In Your Corner

Unicorn farts are destroying the earth.

13. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Only if they contain significant amounts of methane. Funded research needed immediately to determine methane component of unicorn farts.

14. In Your Corner

It's not the methane, it's the damn glitter.

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You mean drag queen dust?

16. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Not surprising. However, in the interest of accurate science, when they talk about this do they amortize the generated CO2 in fossil fuel production to each consumed unit of gas, in addition to that produced y the consumption itself? Doubt it. Everyone just makes up stats that support whatever they want to say. Most “studies” are done this way. Come up with your conclusion and do a study to prove it is how we do modern policy and science.

17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

That's why the Mexican cartel started them.

18. G 97

G 97 Garth

TLDR. Fossil fuels forever. :)

19. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

I really don’t think these nut jobs get how this stuff works. But it’s California, great country side filled with complete fucking idiots.

brex, crashman and XFBO like this.
  20. In Your Corner

Despite the looney factor, I have enjoyed all my visits to CA. Most of the people are very nice, if a bit odd sometimes.