1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strap that helmet tight

Discussion in 'General' started by zx6rfool, Jul 22, 2020.

1. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

BTW dont poopoo the wife, she had to go to work on her day off and stare down on her husband while her coworkers pieced me back together. If it were her, nope, my wiggles, nope.

2. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Nah, would not do that. I'm just saying that if it's something that you give up because of your own assessment of the risk / reward, that's always a better choice when you are keeping a relationship on sound footing. The other way, not so much.

Going since '08, I'm still blown away that I still get a boner when I ride the Hyper.

The best to you with your recovery man. I hope everything works out well for you. You've been through enough shit.

3. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Do you think the outcome would be the same if your helmet would've stayed on through the crash? Genuinely curious how much that might've played into it.

4. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

If ifs and whats were candies and nuts...

Na different story, Id have ridden back home and not have my wifes coworkers staple my head back together.

If I had two x chromosomes Id not have a dick. Ive had to catastrophic accidents, both on the street. I think track is my only outlet going forward. I double dribbled my head on asphalt, happy just to limp around the house.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
  5. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Loved that helmet, Bell Star in matte black. Simple classic.

6. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Okay - if it's your decision, that's fine. If it were me, I'd explain to the wife how I learned about proper helmet fitment and how this won't be an issue moving forward :D

7. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Didnt come lightly, Im Irish, stubborn as the day is long. Ben on dirt since 13, first street (outside of mopeds and mini bikes) at 20; 1986 FZ600... two weals arnt gone, not by a long shot.

8. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I had staples in my head when I was in 2nd grade, still haven't forgot the sound.

Also, the answer is always Hypermotard.

9. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I second that emotion!

10. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Well then. Your fav tard pic?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Awesome pics

12. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Thanks man. How's biz? Been wondering how this mess has been treating you.

13. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Been pretty busy actually, picked up 3 new customers this year so far, took on some stretch work that was a learning experience but worthwhile, trying to balance my full-time job (been still going in everyday since Covid started) with this side business plus build my bigger shop before the snow flies. I'm the new town supervisor too so been pretty busy.
    How are things on your end?

14. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

That's awesome! Imagine when you really get going.
    We've been a busy as we would like to be...not too little...not too much. I've been gone for 3 weeks, camping with the kid and it slowed down for my crews a bit. That was a good thing. It was supposed to be a hypermotard shake down, but it was good to go with my kid before she moves on with her life. The other two don't need the old guy anymore.

I returned home at 02:00 one morning after driving 18 hrs. One of my big customers called me at 06:00 to start a new / big project. So, right back to the grindstone.

[​IMG]

GRH likes this.
  15. backbone

backbone scarred for life

An AGV came off on a friends helmet a few weeks ago at the CMRA race at MSRH. He got very lucky and only got some roadrash and a huge knot on the back of his head.

16. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

So, in the dirt world a bunch of brands have been found to have rusting strap anchors with failures as early as 1yr of use. Worth giving your straps a hard tug before each use if you can't easily visually check the anchors.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's amazing how many people have bad fitting helmets. It is supposed to be tight enough to almost be uncomfortable. If it squishes your cheeks you won't die. If you have too much hair get a haircut. If you have no chin use more duct tape.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Lemme guess, none of them are the old school too expensive brands...

19. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Well I believe Suomy was one of them..

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They're still one of those newbie cheapo brands :D