1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strap that helmet tight

Discussion in 'General' started by zx6rfool, Jul 22, 2020.

1. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I remember seeing this awhile back. Not sure what's worse, dude chopping the throttle at the line or the guy following staying right behind him after crossing then target fixating.

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  2. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

track

3. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Dam, dudes head didn't even hit the track for it to come off.

4. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

I want to say It was determined he was wearing a helmet that was something like 2-3 sizes to big. I can’t imagine how it was even comfortable to wear while racing, that thing had to be flopping around all the time.

For sure, I feel like dude chopping the throttle right at the line is way worse. I remember my race school instructor making it a point multiple times that you always race to turn 1 and then begin your cool down lap to prevent/avoid this exact situation.

OP glad you’re ok, definitely could have been much much worse.

5. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Glad you are ok.

6. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I'm glad you're relatively OK after that and I appreciate the reminder. I know when I am at the track, I am pretty diligent about checking all of my gear but nearly so when on the street.

7. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Details man!!

8. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

I’m often surprised when watching MotoGP, supercross, etc. how easily some of the riders’ helmets seem to go on and off.

9. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Most likely not worth mentioning but that sure is a Rossi replica AGV in that NJMP video :confused:

10. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

What? No magic anymore???

11. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

So, worst case scenario . Wife is an ER nurse. Ultimatum. Street bike is gone. Rat and track are on. Got a 93 883 and a rc51 motor....

David-imoddavid likes this.
  12. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

That's what you get for getting remarried

13. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

What exactly was the ultimatum and how'd you respond? If memory serves, you're still a newlywed so I'd give a lot of thought to how to respond to her telling you to give up something that you love for the rest of your life..............yikes.

14. r1owner

r1owner All cars suck!

Glad you're relatively OK. How fast were you going? Doesn't sound like the mesh stuff held up very well.

15. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

Man... 2 pages and nobody asked for pics?

20200726_211929.jpg

TurboBlew and badmoon692008 like this.
  16. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Glad you survived to ride again. So, any chance they can sew the balls back on?

BigBird and SuddenBraking like this.
  17. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Honestly I went from 20K miles a year to 500, last year that was all in one weekend on a friends bike in Colorado. We had the discussion, we talked about how Ive ridden for more than half my life, and that being 30 min from Summit Im going to be at the track. Last two accidents I was knocked cold, thats not good for the brain. I have staples, Ive been through 5 surgeries, chemo, radiation, stiched up more than I can remember, but never staples, you will never forget the sound of a staple gun on your skull. If I get back to street, Duc Hyper, makes me grin ear to ear.

18. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Worse. And staples.

19. BigBird

BigBird blah

:eek::Puke:

20. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Mesh is crap, great when its hot, but shit when it counts. I tried to 'throttle it out' with the tank slappers, so three handfulls of throttle on a Z1000, every time the front end lightened I thought, good, we're good, then back to the bars being ripped from my hand. Rinse, repeat.