1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stanley Cup Playoffs

Discussion in 'General' started by rd49, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So it was a code, thanks for decrypting :D

2. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

Must have not been paying attention to where things were getting played. :crackup:

3. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Did a little search and I think you may have it mixed up with MLB or NBA. The 2/2/1/1/1 is the fairest way.

By the way, your Wild looked pretty good yesterday. Excellent bounce back after two tough away games.

4. CausticYarn

I am sure the Jets were exhausted from their travel issues and having to fly on Sunday. They landed in Duluth on Saturday night and flew back to Winnipeg because of the snow. We got not only a home ice advantage, but a well rested advantage too. It will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow night without the flight issues.

5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Winnipeg to Duluth, they spent more time taxiing to the runway than they spent in the air. :rolleyes:

nitto182 likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Short local Canadian hop.

7. Muz720

Muz720 Well-Known Member

upload_2018-4-16_15-19-24.png

Pigman and Sabre699 like this.
  8. CausticYarn

Yeah. After HOURS sitting on the runway. Flying is a pain in the ass and the process is exhausting no matter how long the flight is.

You should know this. You whine every time I bring up flying somewhere together.

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

We've never flown anywhere together.

That's why we're still married. :moon:

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Totally depends on the plane. Stuffed in coach yeah, in first nowhere near as much, on a charter I'd guess even less of an issue.

11. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Leafs, Devils and Avalanche win their first games at home.
    Ducks just can't seem to buy a win.

12. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Vegas sweeps the Kings in the first round! Awesome to see Fleury play so well. I don't know him personally, but from everything I've heard from those who did during his time in Pittsburgh, he is a class act and A+ human being.

13. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Went to the Wild game tonight, the game sucked but we were four rows behind the bench so it was fun to watch at least. I've played hockey most of my life but seeing those guys up close is unbelievable.

14. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

How the hell did they not call that cross check to Stahl!!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

15. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Calling Pitt vs TB for the semi and the one that wins that will win the cup. I think it’s going to be TB.

16. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Congrats to Vegas for the sweep.
    Caps win one (BFD) and Minnesota is served notice.

Gotta have quarter finals first. :D

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Vegas had to be insane after that win :D

18. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Really happy for Fleury, he's playing great and having a ball doing it.
    Can't believe Ovechkin guaranteed 2 wins in Columbus. The cross check to the head of Stahl was horrible.

19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

From the pics my friends have been sending me, that would be correct.

What are the chances an expansion team could take the Stanley Cup in their first year? I don't think it's ever happened before.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think they were saying none have made it to the playoffs before, none have won it for sure.

Beginning of the season chances were 500 to 1. Last time there they were 10 to 1 :D