1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stanley Cup Playoffs

Discussion in 'General' started by rd49, Apr 12, 2018.

1. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

Do you play Adult league or anything? I play at Ford and Centennial. I know of one other local vintage racer that plays.

2. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Adult league for 40 years, coached AA travel for 12 years and high school for 6 years. I gave it up last year but I'll still go out to shoot on my son from time to time. He was University of Louisville's starting goalie.

My rag-tag high school team. We had 5 great players and about 12 weak ones. Took them to the state final and lost by one goal.

[​IMG]

One of my travel teams. We won a lot of Buckeye league championships. Yes, that's a horse on the ice!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  3. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

I hope the Wild just pound the shit out of them tomorrow. Physically.
    The Jets are just a better team, so we might as well go down with a fight. :D

Too bad I have a girl date and they don't have TV's in the tap room.

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

And your boyfriend is out of town...

5. CausticYarn

4 Hockey games this season and suddenly he is my boyfriend :crackup:

6. 90kacoupe

Right on. Back in October I started playing again after about 7 years off the ice. I started playing again to help me getting in better shape for racing. Now I can't get enough hockey.

rd400racer likes this.
  7. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I'd get back into it if they would start an over 50 league here! My problem was that I burnt myself out. At one time I played on 3 different men's league teams and coached two teams at the same time. 6 days a week at the rink for almost 10 years. Too much hockey.

8. 90kacoupe

I could see that getting old after a while. I quite playing for a while after high school. Mainly because I hated the politics of it. I'm enjoying men's league. I'm about to play my first tournament in years. Its been a long time since I have played 4+ games in a weekend. lol Well hopefully I'll see you at the rink sometime!

rd400racer likes this.
  9. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

They were able to pick a pretty good roster but I wouldn't call them an all star team, I think Neal and Fleury are the only guys who've been all stars and there's hardly any guys who were first liners. Good team though.

10. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

The protection rules really helped McPhee not just with the players he could pick from but also all of the draft picks and side deals he was able to negotiate to NOT take certain players. He was pretty creative and I think set them up pretty nicely for the future.

11. CausticYarn

You have GOT to be kidding me.

Wtf Wild.

12. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Ugly.

13. 3twins

3twins Well-Known Member

Just got home and just checked the score. Damn....cue the fat lady.

14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Less shameful than the game score...

15. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Not any worse than the egg the Pens just laid on home ice no less!

16. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Yep, and with a little (OK...a LOT!!! ) more luck, they'll lay eggs for the next two as well!!

worthless and speeddaddy like this.
  17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Wait.... Las Vegas has a skateboxing team?

WTF

Next they'll be wanting a handegg team.

stk0308 likes this.
  18. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

was at the preds game tonight with great seats. That game sucked from the get go

19. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Can't wrap my head around Neuvy saving the day ahead of Elliott. And they need to get Simmer or Gudas a step stool so they can have a fair fight against Oleksiak.

20. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Bruins came back in the 3rd and put it to the Leafs.
    Looking forward to the matchup with the Lightning.