1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stanley Cup Playoffs

Discussion in 'General' started by rd49, Apr 12, 2018.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I'm fairly sure no expansion team has ever done this well in their first year.

2. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Yea but I don’t see Columbus making it past Pitt but I suspect it will go 6 or 7 and TB looks really good this year. Not sure anyone can beat them over a 7 game series.

I’m just really liking Wash getting it handed to them. You would have thought they won the cup last night the way they celebrated that win. :crackup:

Sabre699 likes this.
  3. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Yeah that was ridiculous, I watched it when I got home and couldn't believe they let that go. Roenick said the guy should get suspended for three games, how the refs completely miss that is beyond me.

4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

It's the playoffs and time for their annual gagging act.

BHP41 likes this.
  5. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

They haven't because the league never gave them such preferential choices in the expansion draft...conspiracy theorists are saying the league did it on purpose in order to drive up the fee for the next expansion team bid. When Fleury is on he is hard to beat. Pittsburgh doesn't win the cup last year without him stepping in cold during the playoff run and saving their butts when Murray went down with his injury.

Lawn Dart likes this.
  6. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Bolts, Pens and Preds all up 3-1 in those series.
    Ducks are outa there.

7. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

Ref was staring right at him too.
    And that offsides goal they let slide????????

That game was like watching a college team play a pro team.
    No idea what the hell happened.

We are fucked on Friday.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Vegas is more of an allstar team than an expansion team. They got to cherry pick players and had the budget to get them.

When seattle is announced and goes shopping the only team that is exempt is vegas.

DucatiBomber and Lawn Dart like this.
  9. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Yep. I don't see us winning tomorrow... :(

We could sure use Stewart and Hanzal. So stupid we have no enforcers left. Yet they kept Dumba...

10. CausticYarn

We really do need a couple of big dudes that just fuck shit up.
    Time to clean out the house.

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  11. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Not yet - was supposed to go in January, but I have been to first year franchise games in both Nashville and Atlanta, and I've been to an away game or two. Hockey games in Nashville are more like a college basketball or football game than a hockey game...

12. 3twins

3twins Well-Known Member

The Wild moving to the Central div and getting away from having big bodies that was necessary in the Western div always seemed like a bad idea to me. Especially come playoff time.

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  13. CausticYarn

No shit. The size of the players on the Jets makes our team look like a bunch of jockeys... or motorcycle racers.:p

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Pretty sure Vegas is the same. Friend of mine went to a game in San Jose - in the owners box in her Knights jersey and said she was about the only one cheering there other than at goals. Evidently Vegas is a lot louder all game long.

15. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Mikko is really starting to annoy me. Stop fiddle fucking with the puck on a power play and throw it towards the net!! How many times did he have a lane?

16. CausticYarn

It just lets the other team set up for the defense. It was pissing me off.

17. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

They suspended him for one game today.

18. 3twins

3twins Well-Known Member

They should have traded Koivu years ago. His best years were a decade ago when we still had Brunette, Burns and others from that era around.

This season stats:
    Games played - 82
    Goals - 14
    PP goals - 3

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  19. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I've been going to Preds games since about 02. Yeah, the fans were kind of goofy back in those days. We used to take the entire travel team to a game and it was funny that these kids knew more about hockey than anyone else in the arena. Only time you heard anything was during a hit or a goal. Now they're much more sophisticated. Even though neither is "my" team, I've been to more Preds and Blue Jackets games than any others simply because they were where our travel team played, so we always caught the games.

Sabre699 and Lawn Dart like this.
  20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Know why?

Cuz after the Jets win tomorrow night and knock the Wild out, they'll need him to have not been pushed through the boards in retaliation for what he did to Staal.