1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stanley Cup Playoffs

Discussion in 'General' started by rd49, Apr 12, 2018.

1. noeyes

noeyes Well-Known Member

Preds baby!!!

2. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Pens fan here... last night was just one game. I have a feeling that before the series is over, the series will get chippy. All it takes is one hit that other team deems questionable and off we go. Hopefully it doesn't turn into the fiasco that was '12. I don't think it will as Sullivan has an even temperament and the team follows his lead for the most part.

Also a big Fleury fan and would love the Knights do well.

rd49 and YamRZ350 like this.
  3. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Preds here. My new office has had a bunch of seats on the 10th row or so. Hopefully will get to go to a playoff game or two again this year.

If not I'll be at the sounds games

Lawn Dart likes this.
  4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Bruins and Bolts whip some ass.
    Caps lose in a squeaker.
    Preds over the Avalanche.
    Sharks outlast the Ducks.

5. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Vesey sort of did the Predators organization dirty. He was drafted while he was still in college, played out his remaining time, benefitted from working with Predators development staff, talked a big talk about being loyal, but then tried to sandbag until he became a free agent. Basically, refused to play here after committing, and after the Predators could have done something more in free agency. Technically, what he did wasn't against the rules (the rules are stupid), but it wasn't honorable either. People here probably won't ever forgive or forget.

For the life of me, I don't understand why the NHL allows drafting players that are in, or going to, college. Either you're a college player, or you're a professional... That's sort of where the stupidity begins from my perspective.

6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I know all about it. See, Jimmy is my sons girlfriends brothers best friend. When he's not playing he's hanging out at their house. My son met him this past Christmas and said that he's very down to earth and almost shy.

I was at the Preds/Rangers game a year ago...I heard all the boos every time he touched the puck:D The rumor I've heard is that he may not be a Ranger come fall.

7. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

That was a fucking crazy game to watch. The Jets just dominated, they use that center ice a lot.
    Both sides were hitting hard too.

8. rd400racer

Game 2, 7:30 tonight. I'll be watching!

9. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

As I was typing that stuff out, I had deja vu like we'd talked about this before... I think your post confirmed it. He's still a poophead to those of us in Nashville.

rd400racer likes this.
  10. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Correct time, wrong game..
    I can't wait.

11. rd400racer

The only good thing that can happen at that game would be if the ceiling tiles fell out, hitting the players from both teams in the head, thus rendering them unable to advance to the next round. Nothing serious, just a good clonk in the bean:D

My son is moving to Lancaster in about a month, which means I'll be visiting often during the season. Will I get mugged if I wear my Rangers jersey? (I know your a Pens fan...I'm sure they have more class than that other team)

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Don't know about Lancaster but come to NoVa wearing it and my wife will punch you in the eye. :D

13. rd400racer

I've got a signed Ovi jersey just for that occasion:moon:

14. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

If history repeats itself, Ovi won't be needing his jersey much longer this year.

Sabre699 and rd400racer like this.
  15. rd400racer

I travel all over with my jersey. Worst places I've been treated were Buffalo and the old Blues arena. They were throwing shit at me during that game.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Won't be a problem. PPG is a great place to watch a game as well.

Your on your own if you wear that Caps sweater though.. lol

rd400racer likes this.
  17. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've never seen anyone get too hard of a time in Pittsburgh...even when wearing Flyers gear. Probably because there are usually a lot of Flyers fans. My GF is a Flyers fan (yes that makes for some tension time this time of year) and we have attended games there for years without problems. The only place I had trouble was Tampa of all places back when the Flyers and Lightning played in the playoffs. I wasn't even a Flyers fan or wearing any gear, but the guy behind me just keep pushing me in the back and wanting to fight me. I guess he didn't want to do that to a female who was wearing Flyers gear. He ended up leaving early as the Flyers won that game going away.

rd400racer likes this.
  18. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

Nope . Lots of rangers fans around here. Rangers, devil's, flyers and pens are the norm in this area.
    The smell of manure, well that takes more to get used to.

rd400racer likes this.
  19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That Winnipeg game did not suck. Nope, not one bit. :cool:

I'm doubling down on my vegas predictions though. That Kings vs knights game was the game of the night.

20. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

I have the NHL app on my phone, was watching the score and streaming when I could. Sounded like the Wild started out solid and then fell apart in the second period when they slid back into their normal defenseless chaos.

I don’t know why we force our goalie to carry us. Poor Dubs just gets exhausted.