1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, you wanna work in show business?

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Mar 5, 2022.

1. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

That's a she? Could have fooled me. Is it from Thailand?

2. G 97

G 97 Garth

3. ton

ton Arf!

Ya know, I’m not really a Dylan fan. But I definitely have enjoyed his later stuff. Interesting blues work. That said, having seen him once about a decade ago was enough.

Buell1965 likes this.
  4. Buell1965

Buell1965 Well-Known Member

Word on the street is Dylan got his signature singing swag by swatting mosquitoes and stomping roaches .

5. 72westie

72westie Well-Known Member

Well, how was it? I’ve seen him quite a few times before, but not recently.

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Last time I worked for him was twenty years ago. I imagine this has to be the final tour. His voice was weak and he was completely wiped out after the show.

Still if you absolutely have to see Bob Dylan before you die it's not awful. He was on the piano the whole time though so no guitar. Not so much a concert as watching an old dude fool around with music and some friends I guess.

He's a weird dude though. I imagine if the spectrum had been a thing when he was a kid he'd be solidly on it. Just weird.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Week 2 of Hamilton. A few things.

1. It's different. Kinda more like a concert than play.
    2. It's loud. Most of our patrons are ancient and have canes and walkers. I'm wondering how they took it.

3. These dancin girls ain't ballerinas. Man these chicks got legs that could crush a beer keg.

What's my move?

8. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Become a beer keg. :D

9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

a thigh master coupled with matching shake weights
    [​IMG]

10. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Its called work for a reason. My last charter guest would not let me in the galley before 8 am, and then would take an afternoon nap and could not cook. But left a good tip. Its work

11. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Hey Cap... where you at of late?

Caribbean for the summer? Then where? Still hanging with the Brazilian dentist? Haven’t heard anything since you were worried she wanted to get married...

Just curious as I like reading about your adventures... kite boarding, fishing, rental car jumping...

Hope all is well.

12. Captain Morgan

All good, in the Bahamas. Still with the Brazilian girl. Been trying to lay off the rum but yesterday rented an air bnb on south beach. I went kiting and it was a disaster of being hung over/ drunk in gusty conditions. PSA don't try to kiteboard on rum!! About to head out with the fly rod to chase the grey ghost

R1Racer99, 27 and Steeltoe like this.
  13. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Switched from rum to vodka? Grey Goose? :crackup:

J/K congrats on the sobriety conquest, glad you’re enjoying life.

What is the grey ghost?

14. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Food. Wife was a dancer and they are always snacking. They also rarely eat real meals and used to apps and drinks. The moves practically make themselves - just do it!

Steeltoe likes this.
  15. Captain Morgan

Bonefish, the most elusive little bastards you will ever try to catch, yeah actually trying the sobriety thing, been pretty good over the last 6 months, But had a fuck it moment yesterday after a rough charter. A bottle of rum and a lime

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Get The Led Out

I can already tell this will be my favorite show of the year. They brought like 30 guitars.

And Marshall stacks. Real, not fake.

beac83 and 27 like this.
  17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I don't think Blackberry Smoke plays venues like yours (sadly).

They'd take the top spot if they did.

27 likes this.
  18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

but how many will they actually use? There’s probably a modeling amp hidden behind the Marshalls running to the board and into the house. Are the cabinets mic’d?

meh, But you know that shit.

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

They're legit and pumping.

20. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

The dirty 30's got me. Baby mama gave me an ultimatum of "marry me or im leaving', well she moved out (300 miles away) with my 3 yr daughter and that was tough AF , + a broken leg about the same time, couldn't deal, couldn't work, lost my business and everything else due to drinking. Sober for 17 yrs 3 mos and 23 days....give or take a day. :beer:

beac83, YamahaRick and Steeltoe like this.