1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So who are the Adv riders here?

Discussion in 'General' started by rd400racer, Mar 19, 2018.

1. ThumpinA2Z

ThumpinA2Z Active Member

Mine getting the 790cc treatment!
    Stay away from ProCycle, they are worse than crack! :D

thumbnail_IMG_20200317_112132_0.jpg

rd400racer likes this.
  2. brex

brex Well-Known Member

On top of the fact that Moab sucks and needs no more visitors, they just shut the place down. No hotels, no camping. Arches is still open, it's going to be epic like it used to be and would be again without the NPS for us locals that can day trip it.

3. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

:crackup: I placed my first order with Procycle last Thursday. Had the goods sitting on my porch Saturday. You're right, I want to order every item they sell!

4. duggram

duggram Sunrise Bahia de LA

That place better be back to open by the end of April. There’s a bunch of us planning to spend some time there.

5. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Jeep Safari is over Easter. If they don't open then, there is gonna be a huge shit fit.

6. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

from what I heard from friends that was what they were wanting to keep out... but that could have just been internet keyboard warriors...

7. brex

brex Well-Known Member

The word around here is the shut down now is to hope to allow the big events next month.
    Their thinking (since they are freaking out like some of the internet disease experts on this very beeb) is that if they keep the outsiders away now, the healthcare peeps might still be OK enough to be available for the inevitable busted morons that happen every Easter and the rest of April with other events. The hospital there is quite small, only has a handful of ICU beds and a couple ventilators.
    The thought process is that they aren't worried so much about tourists getting sick and being there, but the tourists getting the locals sick and overwhelming the hospital so when someone gets crushed by a jeep, crashes a bike and breaks a bone, falls from a cliff, etc., they won't have any resources to help out.
    But who knows. April brings in boatloads of cash down there. I still think the top of the curve is closer to end of April, so it is possible the freak out ruins EJS. But my gut tells me they will let it happen. But those that get hurt down there will likely end up with a very expensive line item on their insurance bill when they get to ride the fancy ambulance an hour by air.

8. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Well that's what I get for tossing out a prediction. The EJS has officially been cancelled. Not by any governmental organization, but by the group that puts it on.
    I still think the city is open by then, but no official Jeep Safari.

9. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

does that include airbnb's? I was looking for a place there last night and there were plenty of options still. I was considering doing my working from "home" from someone else's home, then going MTB'ing in the afternoons. I figure I would be just as isolated there as I am here.

10. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

We’re open in Damascus

11. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Not sure how they are handling that to be honest. But the hotels are told not to allow any visitors that aren't locals. I'll see if there is any mention of short term rentals.

Updated - https://moabcity.org/551/COVID-19-Information-and-Updates
    You could try Green River, it's a quick drive down to bike and I haven't heard of them closing it down.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
    cBJr likes this.
  12. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

cool, thanks for the update

13. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Where? When I google damascus, UT, I don't get a hit.

14. baconologist

Two time zones east.....

15. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

gonna be a hell of a commute to the MTB trails in Moab then...

16. baconologist

There are more trails than just Moab

17. duggram

duggram Sunrise Bahia de LA

Ended up coming back across the Baja border late Wednesday and drove all night to get home Thursday morning. My former wife’s daughter is career state department stationed in Monterrey Mexico. She says the border is now closed. Only migrant workers and essentials allowed to cross. Tourists are locked out indefinitely. I'm feeling pretty lucky.

jrsamples likes this.
  18. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Since I have endless amounts of time on my hands, I've been having fun with this cheap DR I got last month. I'm turning it into a bug-out bike. Cases are Harbor Freight Apaches, I found a tool tube and of course a 1.75 Rotopax. Put on a set of Tusk D Sport tires this weekend and then last night a Galfer brake line since stopping isn't the forte of this bike. Now the only thing missing is someplace to go:mad: There's a group that's planning on doing a section of the KAT in mid-May, I hope to tag along on that excursion.

One other thing...I had a fork seal that was leaking from the day I brought the bike home. Don't know if the PO just neglected to tell me or the ride home in the truck caused it. Anyway I spent $5 and got a Seal Mate. I was skeptical that this little piece of plastic would do shit but damn if it doesn't seem to have fixed the problem. I haven't ridden the bike since then but it was dripping just sitting there and that has stopped totally.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Where is the gun rack? :beer:

rd400racer likes this.
  20. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

so, did you trade the 950Supermoto for the Adventure?