1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, boats...what are your practical trailerable dreams?

Discussion in 'General' started by fastfreddie, Jul 10, 2018.

1. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Let's face it, they come in all shapes, sizes and, at the end of the day, to each their own.
    So what's your poison? (Pics or links and why would be nice.)

While I could see a marina full of boats in my name, I basically have two that stick in my head.
    A Boston Whaler 13...
    [​IMG]
    ...an all-around, get-around for any water (except skinny), unsinkable classic. Small, but does it all. Numerous options including full biminis, rails, rod holders, consoles, you name it. A real LEGO boat that can take big HP, relatively.

And this...:D
    [​IMG]
    Homepage - SJX Boats
    Go anywhere, do anything, economical (5.5mpg), a real brute. Lotsa options - full canvas, UHMW bottoms (glide over obstacles/protect from rock damage), heat, livewells, rails, rod/gun holders, ATV ramps...a 4x4 for the water. Check out the link, some interesting vids.

2. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

First decide what you want to use it for..... Then target the good ones..... For what you want check out Carolina Skiff's too...

In other words don't go Fishing out of a Mastercraft and Wakeboarding behind a Pontoon.... And don't listen to all the Morons that say BOAT=BREAK OUT ANOTHER THOUSAND ECT.... Those are the idiots that only take them out on Memorial Day, the 4th and Labor day.... Boats are just like our bikes... If properly maintained and used they will provide decades of fun....

Canadian Bacon likes this.
  3. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

My favorite boat is one someones else owns.

Mot Okstef, Rebel635 and brex like this.
  4. fastfreddie

TLR67, I had intended this more as a sharing experience. What's your poison?

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

For around here I truly loved our SeaRay deck boat - I think it was 24' If I ever bought another it'd be a pontoon. In large part because the first item a boat needs for the boss is a bathroom on board :D

6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Always had a soft spot for Mako Center Consoles...

[​IMG]

joec likes this.
  7. fastfreddie

That's not practical, it's parasitical. :D

8. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Sanger Jet boat with 1000hp blow BBC.... FTW
    Fast enough too blow bikinis off...

[​IMG]

crusty9r likes this.
  9. joec

joec brace yourself

I've been looking for a nice sunfish lately or might even go laser. Otherwise, something like a 25ft center console. A small cuddy would be perfect.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Davie Stone has some crazy ass boat with a vegas whore paint scheme and a bunch of big ass motors in it. Get one of those. :D

11. fastfreddie

That's...very practical. :crackup:

12. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

cav115 and Cam Morehead like this.
  14. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I didn't even know what a Tritoon was until a thread on here yesterday. Now I want one.

15. Cam Morehead

I like putting 10 gallons in the boat and ride all weekend..... Lol....

16. Cam Morehead

"We LANDED ON THE MOON!!!"

cav115 likes this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I couldn't do that with the jetski :D

Cam Morehead likes this.
  18. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

22 Foot Century CC bay boat with a 200HP Mercury. Does everything well for the water I float in. It will float in 10 inches. Only needs about 1 1/2 feet to get up on plane. 2 stroke Merc is a little thirsty, but it's light and I love the smell. Handles rough water pretty well for a shallow draft bay hull.

Attached Files:

19. Cam Morehead

We can't either.... Her Yamaha Superjet EATS gas..... 700cc 2 stroke. It will burn 5 gallons in roughly 1-2 hours of riding...

cav115 likes this.
  20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Geez, most of those are like the minivans of boats. How about this?

[​IMG]

Lawn Dart likes this.