1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So anyway, about this coronavirus thing...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by SPL170db, Jan 21, 2020.

1. FZ1guy

FZ1guy Hey...watch this

Is this worst that the zika virus was?

2. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Worst virus ever...I was 6 days away from Curacao when we found out the lady was pregnant with our first. Flushed the entire cost of the trip down the toilet and then went and sulked in SanDiego/La Jolla.

3. chrysta1

chrysta1 Well-Known Member

Yea I may have to reconsider my 2 plus week trip to Suzhou, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, and Nanning in February. Three EMS visits right after everyone has traveled all over China to visited their home town. Great plan!

4. Phl218

Phl218 .

oh snap. i mean i love china every now and then... but the last two times i was there, i was sick as a dog. it sucked big time.

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Probably because Zika mostly affected just pregnant women and I think the elderly with compromised immune systems. For regular healthy adults I don't think it was an issue. This new crap seems to be more like SARS. I think worldwide SARS was responsible for just under 800 deaths. So far I think they said about 30 people have died from this latest outbreak.

Watched a couple more news reports and they tracked a cases in Japan and Australia now. Hopefully it hasn't gone any further, but they said lots of Chinese folks travel for the Lunar New Year, but I think China has locked down Wuhan and put a ban on travel.

They said the first case likely came from eating some weird animal someone shouldn't have been eating.

EDIT:

oh lovely......I guess that was just a matter of time

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/2nd-coronavirus-case-confirmed-u-s-cdc-reports-n1121911

6. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Whoo hoo, who is ready for fresh bat soup? For the main entree, we are serving Kung Pao Bat, hope you are not allergic to peanuts.

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I love the fear mongering.

Some assclown hypothesized that a pandemic would kill 65 million people, and now everyone’s freaked the fuck out.

Meanwhile, I’ll just bring my towel and chant “42”...

9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I'm impressed with a government that won't let your kid go to
    school without vaccinations but there is zero control over people
    flying in from China who could be carrying this illness.

Don't get too cocky over the fact that nothing has gotten out of control
    yet, let one of these lesser-known diseases take off in a major population
    center and it will be a big problem. Complacency isn't a good plan.

Phl218 likes this.
  10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

You mean 12 Monkeys wasn't a premonition someone had about the future?

11. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Meh... the dillweeds at the hospital here in Dallas that treated one of the ebola cases (the dude died from it) literally went out of their way to TRY TO start a pandemic... there was no quaratine; they left dirty towels & sheets from the room in the hallway with people passing by, tracking shit everywhere; I can't even remember all the common sense protocols they broke.

And yet somehow we're all still alive.

12. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

FB_IMG_1579979395044.jpg
    This dude is way out ahead of it!

13. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

It's a mean one... :eek:

IMG_1214.JPG

casjoker, tony 340, MachineR1 and 4 others like this.
  14. AMac

AMac Well-Known Member

4C64A174-24FD-4339-8923-22B2B27E0751.jpeg 42F1B1B3-AB0C-423C-A2E7-D2F3E795D4B1.jpeg

eggfooyoung likes this.
  15. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I wonder what the truth is. The numbers infected just seem like BS. I read an article they were repurposing 28 hospitals. Yet only a 1000 or so people infected..... seems to not match.

16. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

Really want to be aloof about this thing, but the epidemiology of this is starting to become a bit concerning.

[​IMG]

17. Montoya

There's some disturbing reports coming out, putting the number closer to 100,000. Reports of the virus now mutating further, videos of people coughing up blood, videos of bodies laying in hospital hallways, hospitals completely shutdown, reports of young and healthy people passing away from it, Chinese military building multiple emergency hospitals, Chinese doctors begging for help, China announcing a Centralized response, all but two provinces of China have cases now, America and France announcing emergency evacuations, Chinese Embassy chasing down people who escaped the quarantine in France, President Xi even acknowledging that the situation is grave.

18. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I wouldn't believe anything the Chinese gov't says to start with.

boxcrash, sheepofblue and YamahaRick like this.
  19. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

and Poof, nobody is talking about Hong Kong anymore.

agreed, the Chinese lie

20. Montoya

...until we hear China announce a humanitarian trip to Taiwan and Hong Kong to provide relief during the epidemic.