1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So anyway, about this coronavirus thing...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by SPL170db, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

CDC has the power to detain, examine and hold you. I wanna know what happens if you try to leave.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

There are probably ways to examine you that will make you not want to try to leave again. :D

3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Like filleting you open to inspect your innards. :D

4. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I don't think they do but most county health departments do and comply with CDC guidelines.

5. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

corona.jpeg It's the best virus to get in the world, an if you ever get stuck with a disease, hope its alcoholism, it's the most fun of all the diseases you can get according to the CDC

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Damn......that has got to suck!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/04/asia/coronavirus-japan-cruise-intl-hnk/index.html

And I mean what the hell do you do with the ship, do you have to disinfect the entire thing or just let it remain parked somewhere for, what is it something like 5 or so days that the virus can remain active outside of the body.

I guess same thing with these airplanes that had infected people on them. Something tells me there's no way they are doing their due diligence is mopping up these vessels afterwards.

7. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Cruise lines DGAF about cleaning the ships. There is a reason the norovirus is nicknamed the cruise ship disease.

Phl218 and sheepofblue like this.
  8. joec

joec brace yourself

9. joec

joec brace yourself

It is crazy to see the Asian people in home Depot with carts full of masks.

10. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Definitely a good week to be a paper mask supplier....

11. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

13. Phl218

Phl218 .

I’ve got good masks and suits.

And plenty of alcohol to spray.

14. Rico888

Rico888 Well-Known Member

Funny you mention that....
    Went in today to pick up some 3M dust masks I like to use for work and all local HD stores were out....gone....wonder if local people are buying them up and sending them back to China...

15. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

A customer was showing me on eBay they’re selling these flu masks that are $5 in the store on eBay for $75 and getting it.

Here is a report I’ve been looking for. I believe the Chinese have been severely downplaying the numbers otherwise the rest of the world wouldn’t be sealing borders.
    https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3871594

16. intrcptrrdr

intrcptrrdr Well-Known Member

Quicktoy likes this.
  17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Well, I know I'll be swinging by the orange box today to get a case of masks.

18. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Absolutely. You can thank Drudge. That’s where I picked it up. I’ll have to go read your links now.

19. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

You would think so but they don't have enough, they've put buyers on restricted purchase amounts. Can't speak for over there but I can for the US. Also they are restricting access to some of these websites too. I guess someone opened their mouth and let out too much info so now they want to restrict what being put out since some reporting agencies view certain websites or on certain conference calls

20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Wouldn't surprise me.....~ 154,000 cases, 269 cured and 24,500 dead huh? Yeah those numbers are WAYYY off from the "official" ones that Johns Hopkins is posting on their heat map pulled from WHO, CDC etc released info.
    https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6