1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SJW of the day

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by In Your Corner, Sep 23, 2016.

1. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

In my industry there are very few women. Those that are in it, are very good at it. It has nothing to do with the plumbing, and everything to do with the attitude and working environment. We provide contractors with building materials, and considering construction is a hard labor, male dominated industry, you act accordingly. When construction labor is dominated by women, our environment will change accordingly. Somehow, I don't ever see that happening. Board rooms are the same way. Women who want to work, put in the hours, and have a ruthless business attitude are just as effective as their male counterparts. They women who want to live that lifestyle, much like the labor construction industry, is much smaller than the men who want to do it. It's not a problem, it's life's priorities. To call it a problem is laughable at best.

crashman likes this.
  2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Why is it a problem?

3. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Is that due to racism/sexism or is it due to performance? I dont know the answer.

4. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Because the best are not being allowed to run our corporations or the current administration.

The discrimination still exists in the boardrooms and in the current administration. The boardrooms are getting better, but it varies by industry. Time will eventually fix that as companies that hire the best will thrive.

Unfortunately the Government took a step back with this administration. An excellent high level female manager was shoved into retirement to be replaced with a young know it all, who while smart, might know half of what the person who was forced out knew. He has ties to a cabinet member. He treats the women that work for him like dirt. Good people will leave the agency and it will be left with the dregs. Then people will complain that the agency sucks. #newSwampMonster

I can't name names or agencies because the sources of this information are still there. They are soldiering on for now, but might not if Trump is reelected.

I have heard from others that work in other agencies about all kinds of challenges because the Trump appointees don't know squat about the agency they were put in charge of assuming there is anyone in charge at all.

5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I have no doubt the old guard doesn't like the new folks
    stepping on their toes. Too fucking bad.

Fonda Dix likes this.
  6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

So who assessed who was best?

7. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

So you're example of sexism is of someone getting replaced who happens to be a woman. The same thing that happens in pretty much every industry, regardless of gender. Sure.

I seem to remember it was a woman who Trump put his trust in to run his campaign. What a douche.

If it's a government run agency, it's going to suck. Period. You have people in those agencies who are amazing at what they do, but government is riddled with red tape, inefficiency, bloated budgets and a bunch of people doing everything they can to justify having a job.

8. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Why? Is someone inherently more superior due to gender or race? (awaiting your racist/sexist justification :Poke:)

badmoon692008 likes this.
  9. sheepofblue

Sounds to me like someone got his feelings hurt. EVERY president has turn over of appointed positions that yes are in charge. If you are trying to say the Obama administration had all these super qualified geniuses :crackup: Guess what neither did the Bush administration nor the Clinton administration. Oh and some departments need to be shook out or destroyed altogether.

10. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

According to two of the Dems running for POTUS, yes. Spartacus and "nuke 'em" Swalwell said they would pick a woman as VP. Well, why would they not run as the woman's VP? I mean, I guess when you need a token woman for your campaign, then it's ok to allow one in.

11. 2blueYam

This was not an appointed position. If it had been that is par for the course and I know those are political. The people in them know that there time is up when the administration changes. This was an excellent long time government employee that knew the industry she was regulating and knew the laws regarding it very well. The people left behind now have to deal with the newb who thinks he knows everything, but in reality doesn't know squat. That would be bad enough, but what is the excuse for him treating his female employees or really any of his employees like crap? They all know he is connected and are all afraid of blowing the whistle on his ass because of it.
    No one currently and that is the problem. They are just giving the jobs to their buddies / other white males while demeaning and undermining any females or minorities that actually make it up the ranks. I know this isn't all businesses or all industries, but they are still out there.

12. G 97

G 97 Garth

Only because she was female no doubt. One single instance that may or may not be directly attributed to the employee being female, but it’s a step back because of this administration. Alrighty then. :crackup:

You should research the government takeover of the student loan business if you are actually concerned about government workers being assigned to positions they knew nothing about. Thank you Obama.

OMB

13. 2blueYam

I can tell I have struck a never here by criticizing Trump and his administration. Take a look at Trump's cabinet and appointments. Overwhelmingly white male. Constant revolving doors on some positions. If any of you have had to train the "new guy" you know how disruptive and time consuming this can be. This is the crony system working to perfection and he has you guys bending over backwards defending it. It is like I said all along. Trump is just replacing one swamp with a new swamp. Nothing is being cleaned up.

50Joe likes this.
  14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Always has been, always will be. Who you know offsets what you know a lot of the time. Regardless, I don't think race, gender or orientation should be a factor in hiring.

15. G 97

G 97 Garth

No nerve struck. Just curious to why you are seemingly presenting it as this scenario only occurring under the Trump administration and no other POTUS. Objectivity be damned.

“I’m mad as hell and selectively outraged.” LOL.

16. 2blueYam

Two reasons:
    1. The folks running around saying Trump is cleaning up the swamp when he isn't. Same swamp, new set of swamp monsters.
    2. People saying gender or racial discrimination isn't a problem anymore, when it still is. The government can't fix it and at this point having them try to do more to fix it will likely only make it worse. That doesn't mean that we shouldn't talk about it and call it out when we see it.

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Swamp has been around for decades. It will take more than a couple years to correct. This process is made infinitely more difficult by the entrenched bureaucracy, aided and abetted by the DC Media.

I don't think anyone should be discriminated in the hiring process, even whitey. When I hire, it is based on qualifications. Period. Our local demographics give minorities an edge in hiring and a fair amount of it IS race based.

18. sheepofblue

Ironic that the party that thought slavery was OK and created Jim Crow laws is still declaring some people to be less than others based on insane parameters.

19. sheepofblue

Seriously you need to look in the mirror. Of course there is more white males as they tend to have more experience thus have risen. Yes there is pandering and chronyism. Guess what that also happens when non-white and or women are in charge. In the end poorly run companies that hire on things other than talent tend to fail. A prime example IMO is apple, they have been hiring on quota and for greeny reasons. Also pandering to Democrats like man-bear-pig. Strangely during this time their innovation and product quality has shrunk. Hire the best and you will get a cross section (likely unbalanced) and succeed.

20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

This thread has gone full retard.