1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SJW of the day

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by In Your Corner, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

He’s a winning machine yo.

2. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Lets also not ignore the differences in monetary policy from the Fed for OMB and Floppy Ears. Quite, quite different.

3. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Don't look now, but the rate has been dropping the last half of 2019. But that has nothing to do with Trump right? In reality the President makes small moves in the needle and is along for the ride in the big swings. With that said, if you are going to take the credit, you have to take the blame too. :D

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

BCEA1720-2F70-405B-B0C8-9D5607726BAC.jpeg

And the colored girls go
    Do doo doo do do dooo....
    Hit it Lou...............

5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

The rate had been raised too high to offset inflation that never materialized, and the
    drop was negligible. Compared to a 0% rate for most of the Obama years, I'd say it
    didn't make a great deal of difference in Trump's economy. And that doesn't factor in QE.

speeddaddy and Fonda Dix like this.
  6. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

It was essentially zero for the O's term was the point that you missed. Yes it is dropping and I predict it will drop further as the Corona impact becomes known (China can fudge the numbers but the effect on production will be much harder to mask) Will it go to Obama levels? Who knows. Point his point was a valid one: when Obama fixed the economy the rate was pretty much held at zero (helping his enemic recovery), when Trump got in there was quarter after quarter of increase (a drag on his economy)

Personally I think the policy was a correct one ignoring politics. The Trump recovery was stronger and by raising rates the fed had a tool available for futrue down turns. Was it to fast? That I don't know though Trump thought so (of course that could be he wanted more growth rather than a better long term policy)

7. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I am aware it was 0% during the Obama years. We had to climb out of the worst economic times since the Great Depression. No real surprise on needing the 0% rate for quite a while to get out of that. I think having rates much lower than they were during Trump's term and we may have been looking at some inflation. I think the Fed has pretty much got the policy down to a science. Now if we can just keep the morons (and there were alot of them on all sides) from creating another banking / real estate bubble life will be good.

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

:crackup:

You know nothing, Jon Snow.

Bursting bubbles is the objective of the game.

Knotcher likes this.
  9. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

:crackup: nice talking points comparing the Obama recession to the Great Depression is as crazy as comparing Trump to Hitler. Oh and some scholars postulate that the Great Depression was lengthened by government policies, and Obama did similar.

Oh and it is not like free money has nothing to do with creating balloons :beer:

10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Capital seeks the greatest reward.

Creating and bursting an asset bubble is a great way to buy low for the next round of asset bubble inflation.

Knotcher likes this.
  11. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

12. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

I need a big recession so I can get cheap assets.

13. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

15. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba