1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should we buy a Porsche?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sundaydisco, Jul 7, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

yea it is, makes more sense. i thought it was first or second year 997. my mistake.

2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

That was worth alot more than that, even if it has the slush ox automatic and is brown in color with a dent on the front fender.

3. Boman Forklift

Actually the 996s have started going up in the past year. I used to think when they were around 30k I would buy one. Now they often go for over 50k on BAT if they are stick, may still get one someday if I find one I like in the lower 40s like this one was.

4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

996 Turbo is dry sump and a bulletproof, great motor. You just have to get past the exterior styling and the shoddy interior. But agreed, for 40K, the Turbo is a great buy.

The X50's are hella fast for only 450hp.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  5. Boman Forklift

Zman, hit me up when you go look at cars if ya want a tag along.

Tyler bought me the Porsche experience last father’s day and they upgraded me to two cars, the GT3 and the Turbo. I went back and told them I really only want to drive the GT3, so can I just stay in it all session?

I tried to get them to let Tyler or my wife ride along in the passenger seat but they wouldn’t let us. Part way through I asked on a quick break if i could let Tyler have the rest of my session and they didn’t allow that either. Probably figure they will get him later.

It was very cool and world have been even more fun with Tyler out there driving and my wife either riding or driving too.

6. Boman Forklift

Yea the Mezger motor is supposed to be good, but who knows, the Porsche nuts also think a 930 is god’s gift? I think they look pretty good but the driving characteristics aren’t that great.

I remember the X50 was all the rage, before the 996 turbos started going back up in value I saw a few of them trade in the low 40s.

On another note Vipers are finally starting to go up in value.

motion likes this.
  7. Sweatypants

manual, silver, showed me a side pic but it foreal looked brand new.

he said the dude he got it from told him like 550hp. who knows when old dudes that are only casually car guys talk about cars, but yea.

honestly... i just hate the lights like most people. I'd just get one of those widebody slant nose kits that are floating around for it and pony up the $16k for a godamn body kit (LOL)... but that's a good look with those giant 935 style fog lights instead of pop-up or normal headlights.

motion likes this.
  8. Boman Forklift

Silver is probably my least liked porsche color, but I still would have been interested.

If you get a 996 they make some inexpensive covers that are painted body color and go over the fried egg lights, to make it look very similar to a 997. I personally would take that route before a slant nose, I owned a steel slant nose before and I don’t think the look has aged very well.

9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

You shut your whore mouth. The only other non-PTS color worth buying after GT Silver is Dark Blue Metallicand the new Gentian Blue.

Boman Forklift and Sweatypants like this.
  10. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I think he's referring to the Camry silver on the 996.

11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2002-porsche-911-turbo-90/

12. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

I did that and had our paint guy match em and mount them correctly, looks perfect and fixed my fried egg ocd shit...

13. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

God silver is so boring. But at least its not yellow right?

14. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Might be my favorite color for the X50.

Porsche-996-1-2000x1325.jpg

Phl218 likes this.
  15. ducrcr

ducrcr reasonably fast old guy

I like Porsches is silver. My '01 Boxster is silver, definitely better than white, black, yellow, etc IMO.

16. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I'm just not wired for the poison frog bright colors. Boring it is... :D

17. SpeedWerks Racing

I think that Nardo silver is killer. 350_main_l.jpg

sanee and Boman Forklift like this.
  18. Sweatypants

headlight covers? how you gonna Autozone a Porsche? I was referring to this one:

[​IMG]

I dig it sans spoiler. Would rather have a duckbill spoiler on there, but still, into it. but also its foreal $16k haha. I dunno about all that, but maybe, but I dunno. All porsches need racing seats and rollcages and Motons and R-compounds to go with.

Also silver with Martini stripes are the best, I second you shutting your whore mouth! haha

[​IMG]

19. SpeedWerks Racing

20. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

That shit is grey...

Bruce, BigBird, zamboiv and 1 other person like this.