1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should we buy a Porsche?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sundaydisco, Jul 7, 2019.

Tags:
  1. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

checked it out definitely a cool Macan. His exhaust is custom as he talks about cutting out stuff and making them straight pipes. I should've put in my post above the ones that I'm going to put on are past the CC's so you don't throw error codes and it'll still pass CA smog.

2. rwdfun

rwdfun

3. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Your tires look like they're flat. :p

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

I have these SUV things, obviously that's well known, But I'm with the RS6 Avant thinking that you have going on. But I mean if you could afford the RS6 wagon, why wouldn't you get a E63S wagon that's been out a while now?

Sent from my smatrfone

5. zamboiv

Why not the E63s and the RS6 avant? Pretty simple to me. I have wanted an RS4 for a while now. When I moved to Toronto in 2014 we only had room for 1 vehicle in my condo so we took my wife’s new, like 2 mos, Subaru Outback. It was perfect for Canada we explored everywhere in it. When I moved home I was hunting BaT for a low mileage RS4 but also had looked at Macans and SQ5. I hated the touch pad thing in the new SQ5 so I got the Macan.

I missed an RS4 two months ago on BaT but keep looking for one.

the last piece to it all is I have 1 extra spot in the garage which means I can’t get multiple cars so the weekend driver purchase will be important. As on now it’s between a Gt3 or R8. I’m leaning Gt3 and if they do actually bring the avant rs6 I’d punt my Macan and make that my daily.

cpettit and BigBird like this.
  6. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Nice options there zamboiv.

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

GT3, Porsche cars seem to hit an intitial depreciation and then rise higher than MSRP

Sent from my smatrfone

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

9. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I know how you guys love your dogs...they used my daughters dog in an ad today...

[​IMG]

Banditracer, Funkm05 and L8RSK8R like this.
  10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

11. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

That's pretty freaking cool. Tyler told me they released the configurator on the new one and he put in what he would want. I guess it starts around 160K and once he selected his color chalk, manual stick, carbon ceramic brakes, yellow seatbelts, leather, sport chrono, and didn't even select hydraulic front lift...(which I thought is a must have) he was at 200k.

He said, "if you know how to drive, you don't need the lift, I never scraped my FRS and it was slammed to the ground with my different suspension". I told him I would rather have hydraulic lift versus the ceramic brakes, which cost more and track guys remove them because they lack feel. He laughed and said, ya but, those calipers look really cool in yellow....I gotta have them.:crackup:

BigBird and Sweatypants like this.
  12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Wow, that's exactly what I was thinking before getting to this part of your post.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  13. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

Mannnnnn... saw my girl's uncle on Sunday. telling me about his pristine 997 Turbo that he just sold that's never seen rain, that I didn't even know he had, with like 39k miles on it. It looked brand new. $42k. God I woulda bought that so hard. "he never used it" I guess is an excuse when you have a supercharged vette and a bunch of other things to drive. Ugghhh...

14. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

For that price I'm not sure he knew he had it either.....

I'm still bitter that my Dad sold his pristine frame-off restored 1967 911 from under me about 10 years ago (including a complete running spare engine) for about $37K.

BigBird likes this.
  15. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Impossible. Thats less than half price.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:eek::eek::eek:

17. zamboiv

Yes. Maybe it never saw the rain but were the turbos pulled out of it or something? How is that possible?

I checked out a gt3 yesterday. Good thing it’s way overpriced and doesn’t have a few options I want.

My buddy just got the rs6 avant I spoke about a few posts up. Still want one but not willing to pay what they’re getting for them. He had to pay $20 over Msrp.

18. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

Yea I'm not really sure, but he has no reason to lie to me. This is a 60 year old man worth millions of dollars that owns an engineering firm. he DID say that it had an aftermarket turbo and either springs or coilovers, and an exhaust and other some tidbits, so maybe he assumed that its value is diminished because of that? no idea. But it was a 2003 and silver and looked clean as shit. i don't even have a garage and I would have "figured it out" if he presented it to me before selling it. I woulda sold my AMG that day and got a beater Corolla and a check for this Porsche.

19. Phl218

Phl218 .

still a good price for a 996 TT

20. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Ahhhh so its a 996, not a 997. Aftermarket turbo isn't really worth anything. So, 42K seems a bit much even. Makes sense.