1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scorpion helmets?

Discussion in 'General' started by Scotty87, Mar 10, 2009.

1. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

I have 3 of the EXO 400's. WarHawk, Sting, and Tribal.

• Very comfortable wearing.
    • The "No Fog" shield does just that!
    • Ventilation isn't the best... BUT, I only find that an issue if you ride the street. If you're track riding or racing.... you're going plenty fast enough to get air. ;)
    • Crashed once in my WarHawk, with what I'd call a moderate impact with the payment at Jennings, and it & I faired well.
    • They aren't the lightest helmets out, but they ARE NOT heavy!

Best value out there IMHO! :up:

2. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

...and great people to deal with...

3. Thekd2

Thekd2 Well-Known Member

I had a bad highside and first thing to hit the ground was my head. I had an EXO400 on. Went home and immediately bought another. Now have a 700 and didn't think it was possible but like it even more. Saved my bacon. Wont trust my melon to anything else.

4. BigHeadzDC

BigHeadzDC One Track Wonder

I switched from Arai RX-7 Corsairs over to the EXO-700 a little over a year ago. It seems strange that a $200 helmet would fit better AND be quieter than a $700 helmet but that's my impression of the Scorpion.

I ride a fair amount in Pahrump, NV during the hotter months and I think the RX-7 vents a little better than the Scorpion, but neither is uncomfortable on-track in 100+ degree weather.