1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on Zumas

Discussion in 'General' started by Alex_V, May 4, 2020.

1. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

ive always wanted to build mine up with a kit but dont know how to, what kit is this? Id hate for kits or parts to be not available but i believe it

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I bought a stock zuma with 7,000 miles on it in ~2004 from a place that used to rent them. I put another 21,00o on it running it around locally to & from work. Just went and looked... 28,742 on it. Belts/rollers, piston/rings, spark plugs, & tires were the biggest items to do every 10,000. Maybe $200 all in.
    Riding around with the speedo buried at 40 and turning subdivisions into mini race tracks = hilarious.

sanee likes this.
  3. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

I run a Polini Contessa kit. Its a two ring setup, the Corsa kit is one ring, and more a racing kit. The Contessa kits are getting hard to find however. Another kit is the Malossi 72cc kit, it mirrors the Contessa kit and is good option. Only other one I’d recommend, is the Athena kit. But, it uses a copper head gasket, while the Polini and Malossi kits use O ring gaskets.

Carburetors, Dell’Orto 17.5 or 19 mm. 17.5 is electric choke, 19 is manual. Buy, jet kits also. You’ll need them. You should increase air flow also. 1” pods in the air box or a slip on Unifilter.

Exhaust, LeoVince or Yasuni. Leo is out of business, but you can still find them.

Variatior kits, Polini or Malossi.

sanee likes this.
  4. AHAMAYfrank

AHAMAYfrank New Member

Alex V, I sent you a PM about bikes you had for sale a while back.

Sorry about the thread hack folks.

Frank S.

5. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

6. YamahaRick

7. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

prebug with 500 miles on it in kansas for $2k. i'd go pick it up but idk if thats how I want to waste $2k right now lol

8. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

9. YamahaRick

10. YamahaRick

11. 88/532

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Be interesting to see if it happens. Hearing things about live events in Nevada I don't like hearing...

13. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

bump, bought a 09 zuma 125. you can't mod them like a 2 stroke but i'm already having tons of fun for $2 a month to insure it

Triple X likes this.
  14. Triple X

Triple X Well-Known Member

I sold my 49cc and bought the 125 too.
    Much more useful and love the fuel injection.

15. 88/532

After a crack in the headlight bodywork. Did a repair, repaint, and graphics change. Its finished...for now.LOL 65587486-E281-4B29-BDCD-09E22928EA8E.jpeg C98D32A5-B5CF-4BF8-B73B-21F28DAD54A8.jpeg

TurboBlew, Sabre699, ChemGuy and 4 others like this.
  16. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

What are the good year Zumas? 50cc that is. When did they go to 4-stroke 50cc? Are they any good?

17. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

In 50cc you what the ones with the big headlights. Don't get a 50cc 4 stroke.

Depending on what you are doing with it. The zuma 125 is about the same price and more versatile

CRA_Fizzer and A. Barrister like this.
  18. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Anyone know where I can find all 4 turn signals for a 1999 Zuma 50? Hoping someone makes aftermarket ones. Yamaha no longer sells them.

19. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Jamie,
    I have a big bored dune buggy lighted LeoVince piped and kittted, clutch, carb, ecu… that rides wheelies and shoots roost for your 2 stroke loving ass

if you really want one let me know… it’s in decent shape and blue

A. Barrister likes this.
  20. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

I was just curious, as I saw one one for sale near me. Girl said it was a 2019, but picture looks more like a 2009. Has big double lights on front. Price was lower than expected, so it might be a scam. Going to look at it soon if possible.

27 likes this.