1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on Zumas

Discussion in 'General' started by Alex_V, May 4, 2020.

1. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Hey Doug, do you have any stock jets laying around. I think the carb may be salvageable but all the jets are beyond salvageable.

2. Pretty sure I do, if not i can make one out of a smaller jet.

3. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

I wont go through that much trouble of making one. But if you have a spare main and pilot, whatever the two jets are in those carbs I would put them to use.

Can use an excuse to come out your way and shoot some guns )) They frown upon that kind of stuff in my subdivision.

4. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Here’s my stock carb. I haven’t cleaned it, but it moves freely. I have no use for it, so if you need it, it’s yours.

Attached Files:

Alex_V likes this.
  5. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Cause we havent had some sweetness in a while....

6. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Its way past sweetness now...its just plain rude.:eek:

Attached Files:

MGM and ChemGuy like this.
  7. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Sweet. I send you a PM.

8. drop

drop Well-Known Member

I have an 05 2 stroke Zuma.. is yours a 2 stroke.

MGM likes this.
  9. diggy

diggy Well-Known Member

Yes, electric coil that expands a liquid and turns choke off. You can test the coils with an ohmeter. I powered up the coil with a voltage supply to see if the plunger moves and it did.

10. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Yep, back then all 50cc Zums were 2T's.

I wonder if I can play with deck height the same way TZ's were setup to get a bit more ass out of them ))

11. drop

drop Well-Known Member

I did not realize that. I have a 2015 that is 4 stroke. My 05 has a decent exhaust and it'll spank the newer Zuma

Jay305 likes this.
  12. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

Could you just go to a standard petcock?

13. Yes you can but to me was a pain getting fuel for it so left a bit more room. I’ll look for jets today. Wasn’t going out to the shop with all the rain and crap yesterday.

14. That’s why the older 2t’s still pull decent $ used for people that know what they are looking for.

TurboBlew likes this.
  15. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

the stock cylinder responds well to porting and upping the compression a smidge. Calamari stocks the copper headgaskets. There was a 100cc watercooled version not available in the US. Pretty sure I saw some inexpensive kits on J parts. You have to change the fan to the water pump ass3mbly.

16. Mines ported mildly, more cleaned up than anything. Just matching up the exhaust port made a huge difference as it was off quite a bit. Easiest thing is a pipe, jets and an Athena 70kit. Mine has the stock 50 back in it because I got greedy and had some gas that was a bit off. Didn’t have a new piston handy so just threw stock back in.

TurboBlew likes this.
  17. diggy

diggy Well-Known Member

yep, I've seen that done before. Access to the petcock can be a little dicey.. However, the part was $9 so I just put another OEM unit on.

18. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

funny how folks come full circle on them. I was doing a 70cc kit on mine and the piston pin spring flew across the garage to never be found. Ordered a few replacements.

19. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

20. I just was starting to burn up a piston and had to use it that weekend so was easier to throw the old stuff in vs risking the hole getting bigger.

TurboBlew likes this.