1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on Zumas

Discussion in 'General' started by Alex_V, May 4, 2020.

1. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Not a fan of copper head gaskets. They should be annealed even new, and even with copper sealent spray after that, its still a toss up if they seal with a 10lb torque on the head nuts. I pulled that style of kit off mine and installed a Polini kit. World of difference in quality.

Attached Files:

TurboBlew likes this.
  2. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Is there a way to check if auto oiler system is working? I need to drain old oil, but want to check if there are no problems with the system.

3. Jay305

Jay305 Well-Known Member

Man no kidding. I replaced my old 08 (2T) with a 2015 50F and you’d think a boat anchor was tied to it. Im looking into tuning options for the efi models but not much there.

4. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

On old Yamaha 2t's i owned you would unhook the oil line from the carb, add pre mix gas and run it for a certain time period and measure the oil flow out of the line. Dont know if the Zuma is the same. Can you find a manual online?

5. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Haven't really looked for the manual.

It looks like the oil line goes directly to crankcase, not the carb. My gut feeling is to make sure that component is working correct before starting to ride it.

6. ChemGuy

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The auto oiler line goes to the carb. I just run premix.

8. 88/532

Oil pumps usually don’t go bad unless you use a higher viscosity oil than recommended and over stress them. Yours is probably fine. This pic shows the oil pump. The larger line at the bottom comes from reservoir, and the smaller line at the top is the discharge line which runs to the carb.

Attached Files:

9. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

I guess the oil doesn't gum up same as old gas. I still want to drain old stuff, and put fresh oil in.

10. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I'll bet if you remove the screw to the left you can determine if the oil is being pumped or not. Bear in mind at idle you can barely tell.

On older bikes where the pump had its own throttle cable, you'd just pull on the cable to max the pump out to check for flow.

cables-11 jpg.jpg

11. 88/532

If it is a good oil, say Yamalube in the reservoir, it will be fine to use it. I assume the reservoir has been capped also.

12. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Well, I got this Zuma running reasonably well. Thanks for all the help. My only gripe is that it wont go more then 35 uphill with my 180# weight. Is there a "non obnoxious" way to give it just a little more ass, so I am not holding up 45mph traffic?

13. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

70cc kit

http://www.scootertronics.com/zuma-cylinder-exhaust-kit.html

88/532 likes this.
  14. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

15. 88/532

^^^Yep^^^
    In my case it was a 72cc Polini kit. You’ll be needing a Dellorto 17.5 or 19 carb, and a decent pipe also. Even did 6 one inch filters in my airbox. It’ll fly with a little carb tuning.

16. 88/532

Not bad at all really. If you have facetoobs page I’ll post you a video.

17. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Yep, got face tube - Alex Ivatchev

18. ChemGuy

See I was right...throw a kit on that bitch...

19. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Hey Alex ... quit wasting time and $$$ on that boat of yours. I might have my hands on a Zuma soon, so you will to be available for some grudge match racing soon.

Alex_V likes this.
  20. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I have a near new 2005 two-stroke available if anyone is looking. It has like 400 miles on it. but it ain’t cheap :D

TurboBlew likes this.