1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on side by sides...Polaris RZR's

Discussion in 'General' started by gapman789, Mar 5, 2016.

1. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

And the baller still welches on bets :D

badmoon692008 likes this.
  2. terminus est

terminus est Be prepared

Y'all need to go read the dirtbike thread.

3. pjdoran

pjdoran Well-Known Member

You're spot on with width. 64" is becoming the norm, but was considered too wide for trail use just a few years ago.

4. brex

brex Well-Known Member

There are still many trails out this way with the 50" limit.

5. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

I'd probably go with this one. We still have the 800S and it gets around Windrock and Royal Blue just fine and has yet to have any problems or actually break anything. We just poke around, climb/crawl stuff, no haulin' azz or sweet jumps. $20K and up, I'm looking at a used FJ or a Jeep.

bored&stroked likes this.
  6. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

And that'll be me. Just puttin' around. If a hill looks too knarly, i'm turning around.

I'm leaning toward that one. The no warranty is what's holding me up. I can get brand new '17 for $14k, and an extra $1000 gets me a 4 yr extended warranty. And just having new is always cool, but the one with only 150 miles is about as new as it gets too.

7. boccarp

boccarp Well-Known Member

I got both Polaris a 16' 1000s and 17' 1000 xp. love them both! XP has better suspension but is wicked wide. The S model is just the right size. Susupension is still very good. Loves big jumps[​IMG]

JJJerry likes this.
  8. boccarp

boccarp Well-Known Member

only thing with the Polaris is you can not land on the gas. If you do you will eventually either break axles or destroy the front or rear differential. stupid fucking design. needs to be stronger. Polaris Rep told me they know its a problem but haven't fixed it yet. I mean your spending big bucks for something that isn't as strong a shitty old Jeep CJ7. It should not break, especially in this day and age of quality control.

9. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

The guys I work with that play with Razrs have all swapped to the heavy duty aftermarket axles and still manage to pop them on a fairly regular basis...

10. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Landing on the gas is problematic for all four wheeled vehicles.

11. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Awesome pic.

12. gapman789

That is ridiculously awesome. My back hurts looking at it though.

I consider the 1000s. Smaller, big power, much more maneuverable on the tight stuff. But it seems that most people that got the S wish they had gotten the XP for the better suspension and extra length.

13. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

So, total thread jack: Got an 06 Sportsman 500 HO EFI, bought it used and discovered that in 2wd if you allow the rear to spin up it'll suddenly jump into 4wd all on it's own?! I'm assuming the issue is in the front diff, common fault or just leave it in 4WD and never think about it again?

14. keevo54

keevo54 Well-Known Member

I had a rzr 1000 xp. Had a blast with it. You drive it like you stole it and you will have problems. Take care of it and it will be goo to you. I got mine from abernathy's. They have the best pricing around

15. gapman789

That's what i'm thinking. I'm not gonna be those guys on youtube.

I know Abernathys' is the place to go, being the #1 seller in the U.S. as far as units sold, but there's a dealer 45 miles away in Northern Ky, that will match and/or beat any price. They also have a track on their property to demo whatever you want.
    I should probably do that.

https://www.marshallpowersports.com/

16. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

And costs as much as a lightly used Jeep that is way more useful too :Poke:

17. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

Here is what my Polaris ranger did after 1600 miles, some one forgot to use a little lock tight

Attached Files:

18. gapman789

Would 1600 miles be considered 'a lot' in SxS terms? Hell, I can't put 1000 miles a year on a streetbike at 70+mph. It would take me forever to put 1000 miles on a SxS at 0-10 mph. :)

I can see me taking a SxS out 3-4 times a year at the most. 100-200 miles a wknd tops i'd imagine.

Between work and the track, there will little time for a SxS. The phrase "It's better to have toys and not need them, than to need them and not have them", really comes into play in my situation.

19. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

So you are saying a $16,000.00 machine is junk after 1600 miles?

20. My Jeep doesn’t like it even with good axles in it.