1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on side by sides...Polaris RZR's

Discussion in 'General' started by gapman789, Mar 5, 2016.

1. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

I told this guy i could be there by noon today but he had somebody scheduled to look at this morning.
    I haven't reached out to him today to see if it sold or not.
    It's a '17, so only 154 hp.

I'd do the Halo locker upgrade if I got an X3.

https://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/snw/d/2017-can-am-maverick-x3-xds/6460470405.html

2. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

That guy wasted money :)

3. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

If the 40 or so we did together is any indication, he is not exaggerating. My kidneys are still feeling it 6 months later. :D

4. gapman789

Fudge it. '18 XPTurbo sittin' in the driveway now. Hope i can get it out by June.

polaris.JPG polaris 1.JPG

L8RSK8R likes this.
  5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Congrats....looks mean.

6. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

Nice. June, screw that, go get that thing muddy ASAP! :)

7. gapman789

Finally took it out for a 75 mile ride at Windrock in TN. Added a crap ton of money to it.
    -5 beadlocks/tires
    -Shock Therapy Stage 4 spring kit
    -front/rear bumpers
    -3/8" full skid plate
    -4500 lb winch
    -nerf bars
    -roof
    -windshield
    -4 point harnesses
    -spare tire rack
    -cargo box
    -mirrors
    -30" and 12" LED light bars
    -4" LED pods
    -grab bars
    -rocker switches/wiring/relays
    -LED quick release whips ($300 for those bastids)
    -5" back half roll cage chop
    -high clearance A-arms from Rock n Trail edition
    -high clearance radius arms from Rock n Trail edition
    -trailing arm guards
    -2 spare rhino axles
    -spare belt, ball joints, wheel bearings

Uh, i should stop there before i start doing the math. I don't see me wanting any additional accessories. I put all this shit while it was nice and clean with 1 mile on it.

What amazed me most about this thing is what it will do in just 2 wd. What a blast. Anybody wanna buy some race bikes?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

Any one here ever work on a Polaris ranger 900 transmission? My 2013 fell apart last summer from lack of lock tight on some bolts and came loose. Long story short I needed a new left hand trans case.. So I get it and got every thing ready to put the glue on and bolt it together when I see there is no threads in the case to bolt it together, so I call the place I got it and they say .

THE SCREW HOLES ARE NOT TAPPED AND DO NOT NEED TO BE. SCREW 3234898 IS DESIGNED TO "ROLL" THE THREAD RATHER THAN CUT THREADS AS PER TEAM ENGINEERS.

Thanks for using ask Polaris”

So have any one heard of this before?

9. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Thread forming fastener. Never would have guessed it in that capacity, but I'm sure its a machining cost savings. The person assembling it does the tapping at the same time.

10. zippytech

lol the half cost 600.00 you would think there be wiggle room for profits..

11. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Have a look at the screws. They're not round. It's basically a roll form tap, with a hex/socket head on it. Used quite a bit in the automotive industry on castings.

12. zippytech

To me the bolts that I took out look like normal bolts. I have a new one on order to compare to original. They give them away at 5.50 a bolt and 14 of them.

Attached Files:

13. Dan Dubeau

Look at them from the end. They'll be slightly square, or triangular shaped. Lobed. Or grab some calipers/mic and measure them. If you try and run a cut tap in those holes for a regular bolt, there won't be enough thread engagement.

14. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

My buddy just bought an 4 place turbo rzr. Made it about 20hrs before it overheated to almost 300*, now it doesn't work so well and is in for warranty. So watch your temp gauge closely! My other buddy non turbo 4 place rzr never overheats, althought his clutch bolt backed out and eventually snapped off. Lots of stuff to watch on these things.

15. Dan Dubeau

Mostly the part that starts with Pol and ends with aris. :)

16. zippytech

I will see what the new bolt looks like , these just look round, I don't feel any kind sharp edge or anything on original bolts but hell maybe the factory installed cases are already taped.

17. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

They're good for shop work.

18. At usually 10 % of accuracy of tapped holes :)

19. gapman789

Most all overheating problems were gone by 2017.....There's always a few exceptions.

I'm probably gonna throw down for a 4 yr extended warranty in the next 2 months. Not that they'll ever honor it, but just in case. It does give me a bit of peace of mind and i feel will help a lot when it's time to sell since the warranty will be transferable.

20. boccarp

boccarp Well-Known Member

just got a Polaris RS1....FUCKING TOTAL INSANITY!