1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on Land Cruisers.

Discussion in 'General' started by JBraun, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Jed

Jed mellifluous

That looks perfect.

The 100s are starting to increase in price from what I can tell. Few under 15k with under 200k miles.

2. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Badass jb

JBraun likes this.
  3. wiggeywackyo

wiggeywackyo Well-Known Member

Got mine a few years ago with like 160k on it. It's got ~220k now and being slowly eaten by rust but I don't care.

4. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

5. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

6. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Huh.

Can't imagine why people pay more for California cars :D

7. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

That's a great deal for someone who wants a project.

Montoya and ChemGuy like this.
  8. BigBird

BigBird blah

9. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

10. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Agreed.

Based on what they are selling for now it was a good deal.

11. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

We bought a used 2000 LX470, drive it for 2 years.
    It was quite nice, typical Toyota bulletproof reliability....Wife didn't like it, too big. So sold it to our friends .. he's kept it in his hangar all these years & still has it. Shes Never been in the shop.
    Many of these gas Motors are going well into the 300,000 + range with little or no major maintenance, that's impressive!
    Not much to say, quite luxurious for it's day, comfy.
    Not hardcore rig, I realistically would take any sensible person where they need to go.
    No rock crawler they can be outfitted quite nice we have are Porsche mechanic friend who has one as well; lifted w full lockers etc..a way more capable if you want to get a little more dirty.
    MPG..they say 16 MPG...but NO way! ..we averaged about 13-14 mpg at best...ever...downhill, lol:eek:
    After the wife passed I thought about buying it back, but I ended up buying the diesel E350 cargo van instead... I can carry 3-4-motorcycles + gear..and can pull 17-18mpg @65 mph, how could I argue with thato_O

after having so many vehicles and so many of them so Spartan and I'm comfortable I do miss the interior on that Lexus I really liked it that's why I had to buy the King Ranch seats for the van, I needed a little luxury...lol

I'm not to update on the old ones I know they're built like shit brick houses 2000 V8 are damn near bulletproof so don't be shy about buying one with mileage, as of anything nothing is perfect but I would suggest trying to get one of those mini service records as possible.

Note** as with anything right now there selling for stupid unrealustic money especially because they're trendy. I would try to buy one away from any major city on the west coast, the prices people are paying for them is just absolutely stupid.
    Hate to say it try and find one that's being sold due to a divorce that's how we got ours dirt cheap, scorned wife...lol

Last edited: Feb 5, 2022
    BigBird likes this.
  12. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

I'd a brand new 2006 ls430 Lexus with $13k ultimate package.
    385k miles, 90k in it's first year of service.
    Was fn bulletproof besides air struts.
    After the first set replaced, I figured out how to do em myself.
    0.07c per mile in maintenance over it's lifetime.
    145mph no problem at 380k +/- miles on the clock