1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on Land Cruisers.

Discussion in 'General' started by JBraun, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

They are fun and reliable but they are also classics and require work. Parts are more expensive than any other Toyota's, also harder to work on and more expensive than others. If you don't have the ability to do work yourself they can cost quite a bit. Prices to buy are also skyrocketing right now. They are dogs on the highway unless you get a newer V8. The V8's are also independent front suspension though and more of a luxury SUV than the ultimate offroader but they still do pretty good. I currently have an FJ40 and have owned 40's and 60's but have worked on all of them.

2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

3. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

4. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

5. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

My brother is original owner of a 74 FJ40. I drove it hunting once about 10 years ago. I'm still pissing blood.

6. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

This is for sale here. Dont know much about these but on looks alone I would give my left one for it.

[​IMG]

7. Boman Forklift

8. I’ve always wanted one. My airport car, 01 4Runner that just hit 275k that wife bought new and we’ve kept it as a 3rd car since 06 still run like a top. Knock on wood, zero mechanical issues.

9. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

10. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

11. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I love it.

DD129DBB-B373-4FD3-8266-9D82F9371C33.jpeg
    2626A74E-09D7-4E23-B214-504C42FD565E.jpeg

12. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

nice FJ40, those rims are hideous on it though

Knotcher likes this.
  13. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Chip said he was trying to do something classic (painted 8-spoke), but, still modern (larger diameter aluminum).

I agree, though. I’d just get a set of repops painted up with repop hubcaps and do some KO2’s. Stack Chip’s stuff in the corner.

14. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Ehh...needs half-doors. :Poke:
    cough-cough-JEEP-cough :p

ducnut likes this.
  15. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I love some FJ's but I would vote for Hilary for one of these....just to go on Mutual of Omaha Wild Kingdom Safari to starbucks.

[​IMG]

ducnut likes this.
  16. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I just started following this guy’s resto of a Series III. It definitely gives me the wants. But, his restoration looks to be at a VERY slow pace. Haha.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOfupxqzuqSL_rfzA3PENQ

17. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

18. Boman Forklift

19. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

20. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

My stepdad just added another ‘80 FJ40 to his collection. Pretty fun rides.