1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on investing...

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Nov 8, 2017.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

If I knew you, I would probably give you about 5k and tell you to bring me back the best you could buy for 4500.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  2. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

How about a shapely redheaded lass ? :D

3. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

They'd be a bit late to the game.

https://thesinglemaltfund.com/en/

BigBird likes this.
  4. auminer

BigBird likes this.
  5. auminer

Personally, I lack the palate to discern 10k/fifth from rotgut. But I would happily take the future wealth of those with such pretensions.

6. SuddenBraking

Yeah, I've definitely got my money on BirdMotion Investments, LLC vs the pros :D

Sudowoodo and BigBird like this.
  7. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

fuckin vultures. this is why this bottle of 21yr. Balvenie I'm about to give away as a present was like $120 5-6 years ago and now they're $300. bottom feeder cocksuckers.

BigBird likes this.
  8. auminer

Don't hate the player.

Gate the game.

Believe me... If I bought a bottle of whateverthehellyousaid, that moment would mark the absolute peak of the investment likker market.

SuddenBraking and BigBird like this.
  9. Sweatypants

i've had a "glass" of 40yr. one time before, that i bought on my 30th bday of all things, at this bar we used to always go to, that was like $300 a glass, because that's back when i was playing poker all the time and i had just won $2600 the night before. this one i had been planning on doing for like 2 years, and to share it with a few friends. i WON'T be doing any of that for my 50th (unless i win the lottery). it just gets way way out of hand after 40. i can do a couple G's here, but i won't be doing $50-70k haha. that's it for me.

10. auminer

I swear if I ever hit the lottery, I would take a card table, a package of red Solo cups, some Walmart BigK cola, and a bag of ice to the Total Wine & Spirits and buy that $6000 bottle of whatever it was (unless they had something more expensive) and sit out front and give the whole bottle awayas samples..... on the rocks mixed with generic coke in a solo cup. :crackup::crackup::crackup:

11. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

the price for a kilo of cocaine never goes down….

12. SuddenBraking

It always makes me chuckle when people make claims that are easily confirmed or refuted with a 5 second search.

[​IMG]

cortezmachine and Jedb like this.
  13. Banditracer

He said kilo's, not grams on the street. :Poke:

cortezmachine likes this.
  14. SuddenBraking

If you think the correlation coefficient between those two isn't north of .99, I've got a bridge to sell you.

The Great One and Sweatypants like this.
  15. Sweatypants

i got 4-5 friends that actually enjoy and are interested in whiskey, and that's who i had over to all take a glass of that Highland and chill. there's still half of it left. no point in just hoarding it for yourself, and more to that point, i've kinda been over drinking in general the last 3-4 years, so who else is gonna drink it, might as well share.

16. Sweatypants

its never been my thing, but i distinctly remember a time of $20k ki's and $100k ki's. that price DEFINITELY changes a bunch.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I believe the issue was whether it only goes up.

18. Banditracer

Well all I know is in the 80's coke was 100 bucks a gram and today it's still 100 bucks a gram so your chart seems to be wrong.

19. Sweatypants

yea def false. i didn't mean that in order necessarily. there's def been a 40 to 20 to 30 to 20 to 50 to 100 to 40 kinda thing.

20. SuddenBraking

You need a new connect :p