1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on investing...

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Nov 8, 2017.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

No, but it looks like I should. Holy hell.

2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

You sure are looking sweet on that Alibaba. I’m bummed, I’m still such a pussy, from getting killed in the early 2000’s. I’ve only bought mutual funds since.

3. Boman Forklift

so what do you say? I didn’t read anything but the chart tanked and there was something saying short to mid term it is a buy?

I need to make up for all Ive lost :D putting the building funds into the S&P 500 and not pulling it out a couple months ago, because mama thought we should leave it invested.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Not buying BABA was not being a pussy at all. China can't be trusted.

tony 340 likes this.
  5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't know anything about them. But as of yesterday, there were apparently people picking stocks were living who thought it was going to be worth $16 in a year. Let's say you cut that down to three dollars, where it actually was yesterday. That would still be a pretty attractive return. :D

6. Boman Forklift

Wo i just searched and found out what you probably already knew. Their Covid-19 drug failed. Wow, that's worse than Crypto.

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

is it really though?

tony 340 likes this.
  8. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I feel like Bob Fkn Marley up in here...

So much things to say right now, I got soooo much things to saaaaay...

:crackup:

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, I know, but maybe their other stuff is worth three dollars a share? :D

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

11. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Crypto...it's the future...

12. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

^.....The future demise of someone's investment.

13. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

Euro below a dollar gents. Time to buy retirement homes and bespoke bike parts from Europe! I wonder if it'll get down to around $.90 or not, or what the bottom is. Sure does beat $1.13 from like a year ago...

CAD touched $1.32 this morning
    YEN touched 140

Good time to earn a US salary and buy goodies from abroad.

BigBird likes this.
  14. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Hmmmmmm.............might be a good time to do a Euro trip with the wife on short notice.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  15. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Btc is going to take a another dive soon because of the release of about 135k-150k coins from Mt Gox, the first crypto exchange that went belly up. I have a calculated guess thats going to be the bottom before regulation, unless another exchange goes under but I doubt any other large amount of coin would be released from trust before regulation happens if someone does shit the bed.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

So, is that the drop that's going to make you a millionaire?

BigBird and Sweatypants like this.
  17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

If I had the slightest idea wtf I was doing, I'd buy high 3 digit through very low 5 digit bottles of Scottish, Irish, etc whiskeys. Imported from the auld sod.

@motion and @BigBird should start a hedge fund with that as the focus.

BigBird likes this.
  18. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Thousandaire maybe. I don’t expect bitcoin to shoot the moon or anything, just become more of a stable store of value over the coming years as the dollar eats shit sandwich. Yeah I know what I said…. and I still believe it’s possible…. A lot of stars would have to align with the way things are going. I do however expect about 100k plus in the next few years for the btc price.

and as I’ve also said, bitcoin is just a section of my investment portfolio. I just enjoy pumping it on here for the replies. It’s like self flagellation

19. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

Not for nothing, but i bought a bottle of 40yr. Highland Park for my 40th bday this year from the UK for less than half the price they sell it for in the states, and this was BEFORE any of this recent FX movement, even cheaper now I'd guess. Cost like $200 to ship it all super duper secure, and it came, and it was totally fine, and it was delicious.

[​IMG]

BigBird likes this.
  20. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

On my way to Ireland tomorrow,need anything?:p

BigBird likes this.