1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S1000rr....wow!

Discussion in 'General' started by Chip, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Thugsfatboy

Thugsfatboy New Member

have one of these but still 9k rev limited should be serviced shortly and see what the power is like ,feels very planted on the road and after doing 600k and then getting on my 1098s for a ride the Duke felt primitive

2. BigHeadzDC

BigHeadzDC One Track Wonder

Actually I was told there are in fact 2 piezo gyros in the electronics. One sensing lean angle, and the other fore/aft balance.

3. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

Chris last weekend!

[​IMG]

4. Arctic Donkey

Arctic Donkey Well-Known Member

Chip, thanks for posting those graphs. Would it be possible to get 196hp out of a stock bore x stroke GSXR1000 on pump gas? If yes, do you think it's curve would be similar to the BMW or would it only be able to match the peak? Taking into consideration the longer stroke of the GSXR I know it likely can't match the rpm, just wondering if it could a similar curve that was shifted to the left.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  5. Roger@Arroyo

Roger@Arroyo Well-Known Member

I rode that bike two weeks ago. Without a doubt faster than my ESP built 07 GSXR1000, had lighter steering, better electronics....that thing is bad to the bone. Too bad I couldn't have ridden it with Chris' talent. Of course, that bastage beat the Trail 90 lap record as well. :D

6. H8R

:crackup:

I heard about that from one of the ESP crew guys. I think the "Night Racing" portion of the Trail 90 TT was a pretty big story out of Arroyo!

7. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Anyone heard of a drag pass on this Beemer yet??

Brock Davidson (drag bike guy, road one at the press intro ) says the tall first gear with a slipper cluch might hinder good ET's - for now. ;)

And yep, 190+HP = near 160 trap speed... :wow:

8. Chip

Chip Registered

No.....not on pump gas...no chance....we can get 190hp out of one with head and cams, and then 195hp with MR9..

9. devink

devink Well-Known Member

...I'm sold

10. MotoGeek

MotoGeek Member

Another one. This guy was a treat to watch. The local fast guys are no slouches, but this bike just ran away from them. :eek:

[​IMG]

11. H8R

I love your photos Dean.

Did I tell you that Siminski used that "crash montage" as his cell phone screen saver??! :crackup:

12. G2G

G2G I feel the need

:rolleyes:

BMW with full Ti akro was dynoed at Saftey First racing 189hp no tune

13. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

How many times do we have to say it, a dyno is only relative to itself. It is only good for comparison for before and after or for comparison to another bike.

14. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Yes trust me I know that but 205 is a little out of hand

15. Sideshow

Sideshow Free reach around expert.

Chip how did you dyno this.I posted your post on my local site.this is what he is saying.

16. Yoyo

Yoyo Well-Known Member

Chip, (or anyone else)

What tricks did BMW find (that Hon, Kaw,and Suz missed) that allowed them to get so much HP out of a 1000cc inline four?

The other manufactures have been working on this format "forever". It is pretty amazing that these "new guys" blew them out of the water.

17. Those were my thoughts.

Granted, BMW motorcycles have been around longer than BMW cars, so it isn't like they are new to the whole motorcycle thing.

But i am also curious how other companies have been building I-4 race replica bikes for years and BMW comes out of nowhere with and I-4, with the same displacement...and 30 more HP.

18. wingnutks

wingnutks Well-Known Member

Maybe it is just business. Maybe the big for have the development and tech to produce that much power but dont want to. If they make a bike with 170hp it will sell, then they make a bike with 180hp people will sell the first one to buy the new one... and so one.
    If you play your whole hand at once, after the initial sales, there will be little reason to upgrade.

19. Good point.

"They" make improvements a little bit at a time, so the new model is always "better".

If they come out next year with a Gixxer 1k making 195HP, people will expect the 2012 to have 198HP.

I reckon BMW just bypassed all the bullshit and came out swinging. They probably figure they can keep the bike exactly the same and it will still be ahead of the Big Four in 8-10 years as slow as they progress.

20. Chip

Chip Registered

Bore and stroke (RPM) and a very effcient head and cams package...

Dynojet 250i Load Control Dyno set at corrected SAE HP, pump fuel from the gas station down the street, stock tire with 30PSI.

What else do you want to know. I have no reason what so ever to pump the numbers....that is why I included the 2009 GSX-R1000 chart as a comparison.....all dyno's are relative. Mine is typically 5% high on the Dynojet track dyno (standard), but either way....the Beemer is 30hp higher at peak than the GSXR and the same through the middle with another 1000 RPM of usable revs..