1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S1000rr....wow!

Discussion in 'General' started by Chip, Apr 21, 2010.

1. HMEN

HMEN Well-Known Member

wow! just wow!

2. Marc Camp

Marc Camp Well-Known Member

As far as looks it beets a gsxr for sure.I mean hell,atl east it deosn't look like some kind of f#*ked up tripod from war of the worlds like a gsxr does.All I've ever ridden is GSXR's but there not in the same league with this sexy beast.

3. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

So what ya need is one of those hospital curtain setups in your pits, just big enough to park the bike in, then step off through the curtains. Now you don't have to look at it :D

4. derby369

derby369 Well-Known Member

fairings are rarely symmetrical.

5. Hmm, good idea. :D

I will just close my eyes and have somebody lead me to the bike and open them when i sit on it.

Or i could have Lora stand in front of the bike and holler "Marco". :crackup:

6. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

Pinson's bike was FAST @ Road A last weekend!

7. haunter

haunter Well-Known Member

any thoughts on why this is like 10hp higher than another other dyno?

I guess thats only roughtly 5% though, so not that big of a difference

8. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

See, now your thinkin' :crackup: Gotta make it fun!

9. flyingpig70

flyingpig70 Well-Known Member

doesn't look bad in black

Attached Files:

10. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Well-Known Member

11. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

It's dyno numbers 101.
    Different dyno, different day, different conditions. Some are stingy, some are optimistic. Hence the comparisons to the GSXR and Busa, which are much more meaningful. It doesn't matter what the peak number is, just that it's 30HP more than the Gix. :bow:

12. cattitori

cattitori Code SuperBike Galactic *

So, this bike is in it's 4th year of development, but guys like Corser and Xaus and Pitt can't make it work. Any theories?

13. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

Chip, just a few questions for you on the evolution of the motor.

are these companies putting out GOOD motors now, making your job of motor building more and more obsolete?

i mean, i have no doubt you can get a little more power out of it, but if you go through the motor, are you starting to see more improvements that you would make to a motor to make it more powerful?

14. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

The head mechanic from the BMW WSBK team told me that control and traction were their biggest problems. All that power don't mean crap if the rear can't connect. We were in the stands at turn 7 or 8 (Toole turn?), and you could tell that the Beemer wasn't hooking up as fast as the others.

The stock electronics are very cool, but I don't think they don't match the sophistication of the rest of the factory teams.

Any chance of seeing an RSV4 dyno run vs. the BMW?

15. No.

16. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

I've seen a few charts of the RSV4 vs. the Gix, and the Gix was higher.

17. skinnyjim

skinnyjim Well-Known Member

i don't believe you..... those are made up numbers........

sup Chip
    i figured nobody has done yet so i would be the first:moon:

18. Chip

Chip Registered

[​IMG]

19. Fent

Fent I'm Registered??

Charleston has more Better Trees.

Better Trees = More Oxygen = Better Air = More Power

Dyno Facts 10001

Todd :D

20. BigHeadzDC

BigHeadzDC One Track Wonder

I'm blown away at how long the torque stays up near peak for nearly 3k rpm. (10-13k). Very little dropoff.

I've been told the electronics use gyros to detect lean angle, and then adjusts power delivery based upon that data + wheel speed sensors. The linked ABS system is apparently also very very good.

Definitely my next bike.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010