1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S1000rr....wow!

Discussion in 'General' started by Chip, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Wheeliest

Wheeliest ʍɥǝǝןıǝsʇ

all i gotta say is, factory turbo kits and vtec are in the near future.

2. povol

povol Well-Known Member

This was off Akrapovich website
    Both with Akrapovich full system

Values (hp):

ZX10R / BMWS1KRR

3000rpm: 32/25
    4000rpm: 48/37
    5000rpm: 66/54
    6000rpm: 85/71
    7000rpm: 103/90
    8000rpm: 123/111
    9000rpm: 142/130
    10000rpm: 156/151
    11000rpm: 169/170
    12000rpm: 175/181

Obviously the BMW kept climbing past 12, the point of the graph was showing what it gave up down low

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
  3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

in case you missed it... was tried in the 1980s. Was a failure all things considered.

4. eppy01f4i

eppy01f4i Well-Known Member

Its been done . . . . . . badly on the VFR.

5. Hordboy

Hordboy B Squad Leader

IMO all the Japanese mfg's and probably even Aprilia have "held back" their 1000's. I guess BMW plan on shooting all the lawyers. :D

6. RickJohnson#29

RickJohnson#29 Well-Known Member

N. Kern was flying on his at CMP a few weeks ago. He ran some 33's. That bike is very strong!

7. redrider0151

redrider0151 Member

Its a really mid blowing first step into superbikes for BMW for sure!! WHen my buddy was talking about them a few years ago coming out with this thing I was like, yeah whatever...LOL I have a nice double sized portion of crow to eat!! LOL

8. Wheeliest

Wheeliest ʍɥǝǝןıǝsʇ

and that was the 80's...

VFR is a V engine.. wait till its done on a I4

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

The HP numbers are impressive, but my question is "where is the bike in the races?" Why aren't we seeing Troy Corser motoring past everyone ala' Danny Eslick? What about Pinson in the AMA?

I remember watching a youtube video of this thing smoking an RSV4 on the straights at Valencia only to be passed again in the corners. Does the bike not handle well? Is it too hard on tires to last an entire race? Is it being ridden by inferior riders at the Pro level?

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Vtec on the VFR wasn't really true Vtec. It just switched from 2 valves to 4. There was no timing change like in the cars.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Watch FIM Superstock. The bike is doing OK.

And with all due respect to Corser, I don't think he's won anything since 2005.

12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I think the bike is too hard on the tires. I don't think the current tire tech can keep up with the engine power characteristics of a high powered I4. The Vtwins, V4's, and cross plane I4 in the Yamaha seem to run better at the end of the race than the other bikes.

13. eppy01f4i

eppy01f4i Well-Known Member

Got ya :up:

Still sucked though, made for a "nervous" chassis when you had it leaned over and would hit changeover. Defiantly took my by surprise the first time I rode one. :eek:

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't know about that. Tire technology from a few years ago handled 990cc MotoGP power. And Troy Corser in recent years has often qualified well and faded back. I wouldn't be too quick to blame the bike. I would really like to see a couple of younger (no offense to Corser), top superbike racers on the thing to get a more precise idea of how good or bad it is.

15. random hero

random hero Banned

No kidding... Put Haga, Rea, a current front runner and we'll see. Xaus damn sure isn't doing that team any favors, hard to develop a bike when it comes back into their pit box in 5546 pieces

16. Hordboy

Hordboy B Squad Leader

Because on the showroom floor the BMW is closer to the hairy edge than the J4's and the AV4. Once they are all built to the rules, things even out, power-wise. At least they're all in the ballpark. Well, except for the mutt Roger Hayden is riding, I guess. :(

17. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I can almost guarantee you'll never see another "factory" turbo charged motorcycle...ever.

18. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Somebody send Blake Young a memo.

19. povol

povol Well-Known Member

He said " high power" I4's :crackup:

20. Wheeliest

Wheeliest ʍɥǝǝןıǝsʇ

ok, how about super charged...