1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rothman's RC30

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by boccarp, Oct 28, 2007.

1. boccarp

boccarp Well-Known Member

Thought you guys might like a photo of my Rothman RC30. Full HRC motor done by E Kaymenko? Anyone know more about Kymenko and his work? This probably one of the lowest milage RC30's around. It had 135 miles on it when I got it. Got about 300 now. Fun bike. Gonna dyno it this week...maybe 135rwhp....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

grandpanot likes this.
  2. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

Dude,you're making me cry.

3. Thumper79

Thumper79 Member

Eugene Klymenko, a NJ guy specialized in porting work. Knew him in the late 80's early 90's not sure where he is now...

4. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Is it one of the ones Renfrow raced? That would make it better. Look for the race where he was scrappin' with the V&H bikes at Daytona. He didn't have the motor, but he was killing in th enfield

5. toecutter418

toecutter418 Flat Rat Racing

I think that bike was white with orange, red and black stripes on it. Eugene was up in PA somewhere I thought. He did a lot of work to a friend's (the guy whose HRC VF750 I raced in 1997)FZR1000 back in 1990. A little bit of a rip-off merchant and some of his chassis work was untidy but the engine seemed to run well.

6. toecutter418

BTW, that is one wicked RC30!

7. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Hey....anybody who can run V2 lap times on a $150 CB350 GP bike needs one of these!

Beautiful bike.

8. Heartsofoak441

Heartsofoak441 Zip Tie Alley

That what my Hawk wants to be when it Grows up:mad:

9. Baketech

Baketech Member

Wow...that bike is unbelievable...:wow:

10. Super Dave

Super Dave Exhausted and Abused

Do you mean Eugene Klymenko?

Very bright, fun guy. http://www.acsracing.com/Klymenko.html

11. bluebandit2g

bluebandit2g Well-Known Member

Superb example by why the aftermarket signals/light ?? Super sexy bike though signals or not. What my NC30 wishes it could be.

12. Baketech

Baketech Member

What wheels are those?

13. toecutter418

[​IMG]

The late great Randy Renfrow!

14. Super Dave

I'd say Dymags, but we'll find out.

15. toecutter418

If they're not Dymag H spokes, they're a damn good knock off!

16. mcracr

mcracr 2smoke racing 4 life!

exsqueeze me - how far down are the triples dropped on those forks???? looks like Randy is gonna knock an eye out... wow!

17. Super Dave

Well, yeah...

Dale Quarterley had a similar set of forks. They were longer than stock, so they stuck out a lot. I don't know much more than that. Might have been something special from Showa.

18. toecutter418

Good point. Maybe he needed to touch the ground and forgot his stepping blocks! :rolleyes:

19. Super Dave

Notice the "drop out" clamp on the bottom of the lower fork tube...

But even the ones on the RC30 above have them.

20. toecutter418

Dale and Randy were team mates at Suzuka for at least one year, maybe that was there secret weapon. I remember Randy telling me how Dale and himself used to like the bike set up in a similar way, so they made great riding partners.