1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rothman's RC30

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by boccarp, Oct 28, 2007.

1. boccarp

boccarp Well-Known Member

Stick the 45 is a nice machine....I still think the 30 is more fun as the 45 is somewhat clinical. Anyway my 45 is derestricted, hrc cams, full ti Mig pipe, HRC IGNITION BOX,and a couple other HRC tweaks. It puts out 134rwhp....I'll bring it to VIR in the spring you can ride it there...

2. boccarp

3. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I know they say the 30 is better, but the 45 is way sexier. I have wanted one for years. Bring it up to CMP this weekend. I'll cover your trackday if you want to ride. Bring a couple of bikes.

4. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

WOW! These bikes are amazing. I love the History!!

5. racerfranz

racerfranz All done

Very nice. Have you thought about your own museum?

6. toecutter418

toecutter418 Flat Rat Racing

I just uploaded close to 30 pics from what I think was the 1991 Miami AMA Pro race. Lots of good close ups of the Two Brothers RC3o. I was down there helping my friend Bruce Nield (RC30 # 104). This was Freddie Spencer's BIG comeback. He did win the race but failed to continue the winning streak throughout the season. If anyone wants higher pix photos send me your e-mail addy and I'll scan it at the highest rate my aging scanner will do on photos that have been in my toolbox for almost twenty years.

http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/ll77/toecutter418/

[​IMG]

7. Lifedge7.com

Lifedge7.com 996sidefx were huge traps

RC30

Actually there was an RC-30 that up until about 1 year ago was at Montgomery Honda Yamaha, And it had never even been cranked up, it had years of being cool sitting there on the showroom (it had actually been bought by some rich asshole that never even came to pick it up until last year, its an 89 model). Anyways people forgot about how cool it was and the people that be ultimately pushed it back into the warehouse that i called the dungeon about 10 years ago when i worked there as a pdi guy.

I used to keep it clean and polished to a T. I'd sit on and wonder how fucking kool it would be to hall ass over Ago's Leap on this thing. Which is why i bought my NC30. Anyways the RC-30 kicks ass, it is the koolest bike in the world except for the Britten.:up:

8. boccarp

I think in the long run both the 30 and 45, the ow-01, r7 etc will become the icons of a era long gone. When the Jap race houses would build specials and release them in small numbers at crazy prices so we would drool over them and then buy a interceptor or fzr. It's a shame because I now have every homogolation special except a GXR750RR. (1989), and these things are the coolest iron ever produced. We are now in a time that the specials are very far and few. Other than the odd Ducati (ie:1098R, or Desmosidici at some stupid price) there really isn't anything Japanese that gives you a instant boner. I hope that future brings a few specials that makes the magic come back. Come on big four bring on the HCR RVF1200RR....Any way I'm getting a V4 Aprilia in the spring, that should be cool

9. bcc

bcc painter /fabricator

awesome stuff as always.

10. stickboy274

I have a V&H replica FZR 600 from when J. James won the AMA 600 title. It isn't nearly as kewl as those bikes, but it was a limited peice.

11. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Very limited....only truly appreciated by homosexuals and the tall, pink and speckled.

Oddly enough Stick qualifies for both groups. :D NTTAWWT

12. stickboy274

Hey!, your right, I do apprecitate it. Just liek the wife said. AH

13. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Nice collection...... Very Nice....

14. boccarp

Stick...it's ok I have a real homo V&H OW-01.....I'm pretty sure just owning my bike makes you a member of the grossly endowed man club(said so in the title)...so your 600 is very close to a real man's bike....
    [​IMG]

15. stickboy274

I have much love for that bike. It makes my man parts all tingly

16. Venom51

How would you know....is your wife letting you hold them today? :)

17. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Wheres the NR750? Geez what a slacker:Poke:

Nice collection, you ride them much?

18. stickboy274

I beleive he does ride them. I know he was out at VIR earlier this year with some good ones.

Venom, no. But I know where she stores them now. That's a step in the right direction.

19. Venom51

The 2 brothers bike makes me want to put the vintage bodywork back on the NC30 and replicate the paint work on that bike.

20. 418

418 Expert #59

You should go back to RC30 bodywork with the painjob you have on it now. Classic colors those are.

Your bike is nice but doesn't look right with the 600RR bodywork.