1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rothman's RC30

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by boccarp, Oct 28, 2007.

1. boccarp

boccarp Well-Known Member

Eugene's number and contact is in the thread. That's cool about this bike, I'm pretty bummed that it got a rod knock, but it might have been my over eager throttle hand....in other words I just spun it up to high. There seemed to be a soft rev limiter around 11k but it reves so quick it blew right through that. Anyway we are going to get this thing back together soon. I'll post a dyno chart when it's done. cya Pete

2. boccarp

great news....the RC30 motor is not junk. Chip pulled it apart and the knock was from a out of round connecting rod wrist pin. Easy fix and back on the road. yea Chip! Your the man!:rock:

3. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Chip is half the man at best.

4. boccarp

The RC is back together and complete! It dynod at Chips shop at 123 rwhp. It runs real nice...any one want a RC30 piston for a paper weight?

5. joec

joec brace yourself

cool! that rc30 is sexy.

just a little note on acs racing. i used to know those guys about 10 years ago through another buddy. they were quite a bit smaller time than they are now. but i know todd henning was sponsored by them back in the day. then they did some work on a few of his vintage motors also. great guys who really know what the hell they are doing. if youre up around that way, worth checking out. about 7 or 8 years ago they built a nitros hummer. thing was rediculous. im sure buff knows quite a bit more about the relationship todd with them. guys build some super fast shit.

6. CycleMyke

CycleMyke A.K.A. 1000hio

YES!

7. boccarp

send me a address....Santa will drop one in the mail....

8. stickboy274

If I had know you would be down there, I would have found an appointment in that area today so i could come see it.

Dangit.

9. gofastpinhead

gofastpinhead Well-Known Member

that is one awesome bike.

10. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

(Very enthusiastically) Memememememememememememememememe!!

11. racerfranz

racerfranz All done

Wow!!! I remember Randy ground off his thumb in turn 8 at Willow testing that bike, and the doctors put his big toe in place of it!!!:Puke: He was truly a great!! Godspeed.

That Rothmans bike is bad ass!!!! Sweet. Can you post a picture of your garage? Just curious, and envious. good on ya, mate!

I have an obliterated 100mm SRX Arias piston that makes a nice cigar ash tray.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2008
  12. stickboy274

You don't want to see his place. It will make you throw rocks at your favorite bike you own now.

13. boccarp

here's the garage basement....[​IMG]

14. boccarp

first floor
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. boccarp

my newest member of the family...
    [​IMG]

16. boccarp

17. stickboy274

Is that my RC-45 in the middle of the pack?

18. boccarp

yes indeed....come on over and take it for a ride....

19. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I've got to ask. How many battery tenders do you own? :)

20. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Stick here's your chance. He wasn't specific about where you had to ride to and back. He certainly wasn't clear about the back part of that. :)