1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roadracing World needs votes in a poll

Discussion in 'General' started by indiana roadracer, Jan 17, 2001.

1. julrich

julrich Well-Known Member

I visit Florida only twice a year, and not in November.

Yes, e-mail, mail, pigeon, whatever for anybody who can't be there be there BE THERE in person.

(They PB total is probably run up by one guy in Hollywood anyway)

2. Bruce Brown

Bruce Brown Well-Known Member

OK, I did my endurance stint this morning voting about 250 times. I hope I don't get carpal tunnel syndrome from clicking the mouse so much :)

3. Due North

Due North Source of Insanity

What'd you say Sean?

4. wera122

wera122 Guest

That's easy. Sell it and get something fast. [​IMG]

5. GSXRGIRL

GSXRGIRL Guest

You guys gotta help me. I've been in there voting for like 15 minutes and go RRW to a tie, but I think someone else is voting for the other mag at the same time.....HURRY UP!!!

6. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Something funky happens when I go to their site. After I vote and come back to the BBS my mouse doesn't work anymore so I have to restart my computer everytime. Sorry JU.

[This message has been edited by Tracee Polcin (edited 01-18-2001).]

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think we're outnumbered right now... The vote total is going up by about 10 for every time I click and RRW is losing ground...

8. Greg Gabis

Greg Gabis Slow Traffic

I've been voting the last 15 minutes! Vote totals are increasing exponentially! We're losing ground! Everyone GO VOTE NOW!

9. indiana roadracer

indiana roadracer BBS Lurker

Wow this poll is way out of control. For a couple of days it had less than 400 hits. Now in about 30 hours its had 3000 votes. I know some of the members are from Europe, they must have way too much spare time on their hands.

10. projekt9

projekt9 der Klugscheißer

Something seems awry...
    I just put in 42 votes for RRW, and PB keeps going up, and up.
    Obviously, there is someone up to no good...
    [​IMG]

11. GSXRGIRL

GSXRGIRL Guest

I put in about 30 more and the same thing is happening. Between the 2 of us we should have made some ground on those people!!!

12. Jeffro510

Jeffro510 Hand bra for hire!!!!

Have been voting for the last hour (don't tell my boss), and the difference stays the same. I think it's fixed. JU, demand a recount!!!! [​IMG]

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm wondering if they didn't get hacked and all the RRW votes go to PB...

14. wera122

wera122 Guest

Oh they already know. They get the reports each night showing all your hits on the BBS. But they don't mind, because they know you are at your desk. I guess they think it's better than if you're at the bar. [​IMG]

15. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

i just put about 50 on there and it hardly changed it

16. wrenn

wrenn Well-Known Member

its going the other way...maybe mongo right?
    its over 9k votes now and growing...somebody has an automatic voter program going....

JU better have those voted certified!!!

17. projekt9

projekt9 der Klugscheißer

Someone probably wrote a simple DOS program
    to vote every minute or so.
    TSR, would know more about it, what do you think Steve?
    It is possible. Unless the admin of the site
    is purposely fixing the results.
    One way or another, something of a fix is happening. [​IMG]

18. kawboy

kawboy Guest

I just voted and PB is waaaay ahead. I'm going to vote again from my other 2 web identities, which has got to be the only way the squid vote got a large as it is. May I humbly suggest that we all do the same? And do you know your wife/girlfriend's screen name and password? [​IMG]

19. Jeffro510

Jeffro510 Hand bra for hire!!!!

Well, that's actually not too far from the truth. They hear me laughing and typing and know it's not work related. They know me well enough by now that they know it's about bikes. Now if I could just get them to sponsor my racing....

20. wera122

wera122 Guest

I'm sure you could work out a deal where Mongo would put their ad banner on the BBS in return for some racing help. [​IMG]