1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Republicans not racist!

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by 999, Jul 16, 2008.

1. 999

999 Well-Known Member

How can I argue with clear thinking like this? :D

It's a pleasure to meet you Mr. JK Honey. :bow:

2. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

SSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! :D

3. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Show me where that message is wrong. If the radicals like Jackson and Sharpton are discovered and acknowledged to be the hate mongers that they are, creating problems that aren't even necessarily there, then the paychecks disappear. Again, please show me where I'm wrong.

4. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Yeah, but what do I know, I'm just a dumbass racist. Just ask Corky, I mean, 999.

5. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Absolutely.

Colin Powell has been bashed for it too.

6. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

For sure. It's not going to go away. Hopefully it will continue to improve here but it will never go away.

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Uh, nobody bashes Colin Powell. He'd just shoot em.

8. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Some crazy fukker did. I don't remember the name and haven't seen him again so he may be dead now. :D

9. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Agreed.

10. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Quite simply, human nature will NEVER let it go away. In some way, form or manner, people will always have prejudices that can be construed as or develop into full racism. It sucks, but as long as humans are on this planet, it will exist.

11. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I like your attitude. :up:

12. 999

999 Well-Known Member

A- it's not even a sentence.
    B- how does a message "increase"?
    C- how does a message "start to be taken to heart"?
    D- who's going to be out of a paycheck?

Aside from that, it's brilliant. I salute you. :bow:

13. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

Your right it will always be around. If I made it sound like that was going to stop racism sorry. I mean the calling of racist when that isnt it at all. Black people say what ever they want while white people better watch it. Look at Obama his policies suck and hes a moron. Everytime someone says that they are a racist and dont want a black president. Thats what I mean will stop. People will always have their views. But I hardly doubt that people still think black people belong on the back of the bus anymore.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2008
  14. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

C'mon. We all know Obama isn't a moron. However if he were to say “McCain's policies suck” we might begin to wonder. :D

I'm not sure what you mean by that last comment but 68% of blacks say they have experienced discrimination and 64% of blacks say whites have a better chance of getting ahead.

Do you really think blacks are lying or are simply wrong? (before you answer keep in mind that'd be saying blacks as a race are dishonest or stupid). I think they're possibly in a better position than you to answer these questions (because 83% of white Americans live in areas where there are few or no blacks).

15. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

I don't believe it is so much a matter of lying or being wrong, as it is a matter of perception. I believe that blacks frequently perceive that they are being discriminated against when they aren't. It has become so ingrained in the American culture that the black race is being held back and that whites (and now more and more, Asians) have an easier time achieving success.

Of course, that begs the question, if you (as a group) believe that others have a better chance of getting ahead, does that lead to accepting that as true until it becomes true?

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Last edited: Jul 19, 2008
  17. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

18. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

I would say dishonest not stupid. Look I am black to your surprise. My family members are engineers one of them even work on the hubble telescope. I am not talking about these black people because they are left out of this veiw by the media, because they dont say oh poor me I am black I will never make it. They did though. See when I say dishonest it is not so much the people as a whole its the ones that truly believe what Jackson and Sharpton have to say and never try because of it.

Discrimination is it really discrimination or just gut feelings of not liking someone. Being white have you ever met another white person and felt there is something about him that tells me not to hire him. If you say no I know your lying. You know that old saying dont judge a book by its cover. Was that created just for black people or because we as human beings tend to do that to each other regardless of race? See thats where they need to get off the horse cause if they can prove that they didnt get hired because of a guys feeling Jackson and Sharpton scream racist. What happens to the white guy?

When I was growing up I got harassed by the police all the time. I used to get pissed off once I was looking at 7-10 I changed. Once I changed got a job only true friends stayed by me. The rest I was a oreo goodster black man trying to be white. Because I was trying to do good for my family and do the right thing. Now if thats not bullshit you tell me since you read all these statistics and news polls you go ahead and tell me I am wrong and that the black community is right to get pissed off by people like me Bill Cosby and Obama (even though I dont like him ) for speaking the truth that black people need to stop making excuses and do what is right. After all if it is on the news and a statistic it must be right.

19. Robert

And they believe the opposite. That was the Grand Canyon of perception I referred to earlier.

You aren't a racist so unless you live in a black area there's a good chance you wouldn't directly experience any racism at all. It's not like people put up signs anymore. So I think the benefit of the doubt obviously has to rest with the people on the receiving end who aren't just reading about it, and some of them crying wolf or exaggerating their offense doesn't invalidate what the majority perceives.

Other than polls I can only go from experience. Every black I've ever gotten to know has been able to cite many instances of racism. They don't complain publicly and my sympathy gets them nothing so I can't seen any ulterior motive. Things may be different where you are.

20. Robert

68% say they've experienced discrimination. You're saying they didn't experience it and they're being dishonest? Wouldn't that require awareness and how is it different than lying?

Cosby is both very right and wrong. He has some valid points but if in terms of role models he expects blacks to reject everyone but Cliff Huxtable he is delusional.