1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Republicans not racist!

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by 999, Jul 16, 2008.

1. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

:D

2. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Me too.

Him being a straight up and honest person would be his downfall. :D

3. 999

999 Well-Known Member

Yep. Colin is cool.

4. PInC

PInC Well-Known Member

I really like Powell and hated to see him fade out. Of course, I heard on CNN that Obama could ask Powell to run as his VP. I have no idea what they were basing that on, but they said Powell would give BO a boost in foreign relations.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

That MIGHT be enough to get me to reconsider. To take that into consideration, a lot would depend on McCain's choice since he is more likely to go toes up of natural causes than Obama.

6. 999

999 Well-Known Member

Two black men! Wow, a million bigots' heads would explode.
    Yes we can!

That would be great. :crackup:

7. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Where a hat to direct the explosion down and not out. :D

8. 999

999 Well-Known Member

9. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

10. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Wasn't Powell a willing pawn of the Bush administration distortions to Congress about Iraq/WMD in the lead up to the war? I know he claimed ignorance but I remember losing respect for him as a result of that, although my pre-Alzheimers seems to have kicked in and I can't remember the details.

11. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

AFAIK, Powell was hoodwinked as well.

12. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I think he was too. I think he didn't like the plans but reluctantly let them convince him they were right. Kind of an, "I don't like this but I'm going to trust you on this one."

13. 999

999 Well-Known Member

I think he knew it was a little fishy, but was being a team player "in a post 9/11 world".

He probably has some regrets.