1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RBoM SV Challenge @ VIR 8/2/15

Discussion in 'General' started by Russell Masecar, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

I wouldn't change much honestly.

I think VIR was a good venue for it, it's central for more riders than Road Atlanta or Barber. Maybe Summit would be closer but the track and facility there is not as nice.

Having the rules clarified ahead of time would be nice just to avoid any confusion, especially the qualifier taking place on Saturday.

I like the SB rules just because that allows bikes from other orgs to run and helps to increase the grid size.

If this could be an annual race that would be amazing. Hopefully it inspires others to set up events for the MW or HW classes but it's tough to be as awesome as the LWT class :D

2. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I like the different track idea. Move it around a bit and pass around the "fast locals" torch.

3. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

:stupid:

But I'm just a spectator so I do count.:rolleyes:

4. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

Xavier is not a fast local to VIR. Kid will mostly win anywhere we have the event. He's not local to Barber and set that track record at the GNF.

I like VIR as the venue even tho many will never be able to touch Kcraget there.

5. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

Can we get RBoM & Mongo to bless/support a western event ???
    Miller would make it roughly equal distance for all the western racers.
    WMRRA, OMRRA, Moto-West, MRA, CVMA, CMRA, CRA, AFM, etc)
    Miller is definitely a 'motor' track (lke VIR in many ways) and is definitely worth the drive.

Something less than 2545 miles would make it an attainable goal, for us on the left coast.:rolleyes:

And it is far enough from N.Y. ... :crackup:

6. grantcarruthers

grantcarruthers Well-Known Member

Gateway is more central :beer: Plenty of room for 40 SV's :crackup:

But seriously, I'm likely in once white plated. Date ASAP would help

Barber? Rd Atlanta? COTA?

7. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Yup change variables a bit. VIR is badass no doubt. Probably my favorite track now but going to another track would be cool.

8. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Whoever wants to move the venue from VIR no problem. Pony up the purse money and let us know where and when.. :)

9. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

You were offered a bike and didn't show up. Your opinion doesn't count:Poke:

10. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

11. swiest152

99.9% sure it will stay at VIR for next year. Like Mike said, you put $4k on the table, we will have it at your location .

VIR isn't the closest for me and I'd still rather have it there over Summit or NJMP (2 close tracks to me)

12. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Plan accordingly for 2016 slim.... ;)

13. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Sounds good, should we set aside a few extra days of vacation before then to sort out Ducotes 76hp superbike?

14. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

days or weeks?

15. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I was??

16. wsmc99

wsmc99 Member

+1,000,000

East/West events...hey what does WERA stand for again? :D
    Looks like the East exists, maybe West now? Yes, Miller is good, safe and fun!

17. swiest152

RBoM is located in North Carolina...

You want it out west, you know what you have to do.

18. MikeR

MikeR Well-Known Member

Change it to B or C superstock. Keep it at VIR (home track). Give me a 1 minute head start and make the race distance 1 lap. That would be great! :D :crackup:

19. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

:crackup:

20. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

You wanna make it real interesting, run it with superstock rules. And qualifying is based on lap times. Easy tech of no adjustable cams, no power comander, stock tank, stock wheels(160) After race, valve cover is pulled and a check of listed stock parts.